Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
is it useful to start collection for new member
Post is it useful to start collection for new member 
First of all, I DONT WANT TO STOP ANYBODY TO COLLECT ABSOLUT or ANYTHINIG ELSE THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ABSOLUT!

I started this topic due to this crazy price on german ebay which was over 80€ for an empty chrome.
I remember months ago the price for 3 full and sealed were about 200€ up to 250€ and now you get an empty one for 80€. Thats very crazy.
Im really thinking if its useful to collect further, but i miss the "rare" pieces  like almost most of the forum member like CnC, brasils, Cozy, Britto etc.
And if I see the prices atm i could scream.
the bottles that I need are at least 100€ worth up to 500€, and I dont wanna talk about the freestyle, 4th chrome, tack etc.

So im really thinking of stop collection but im not sure if i should sell my skins and bottles.

and AGAIN I DONT WANT ANYBODY TO STOP COLLCTION OR ANYTHING ELSE. IT IS JUST MY OPINION.

Regards Thomas

MSN
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Tomek2009 wrote:
First of all, I DONT WANT TO STOP ANYBODY TO COLLECT ABSOLUT or ANYTHINIG ELSE THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ABSOLUT!
I started this topic due to this crazy price on german ebay which was over 80€ for an empty chrome.I remember months ago the price for 3 full and sealed were about 200€ up to 250€ and now you get an empty one for 80€. Thats very crazy.
Im really thinking if its useful to collect further, but i miss the "rare" pieces  like almost most of the forum member like CnC, brasils, Cozy, Britto etc.
the bottles that I need are at least 100€ worth up to 500€, and I dont wanna talk about the freestyle, 4th chrome, tack etc.

So im really thinking of stop collection but im not sure if i should sell my skins and bottles.
and AGAIN I DONT WANT ANYBODY TO STOP COLLCTION OR ANYTHING ELSE. IT IS JUST MY OPINION.

Regards Thomas

Tomek ... you don't have to have expensive bottles in your collection to enjoy collecting.  My collection also is missing some expensive bottles and I don't care.
I collect because I enjoy it and I know that what I own will never lose value if I ever decide to stop collecting.
I like when friends come to my bar and look at my collection and they are amazed and thrilled to see such a varity of Absolut from around the world.

They don't know the difference between a $5,000 bottle or a $50 bottle ... all they know is that it look nice and they appreciate it. 
Collect what you like and what you can afford .  Don't worry about missing expensive bottles because no collector will ever be able to complete an Absolut collection.
Just my opinion...

Tomek2009 wrote:
First of all, I DONT WANT TO STOP ANYBODY TO COLLECT ABSOLUT or ANYTHINIG ELSE THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ABSOLUT! I started this topic due to this crazy price on german ebay which was over 80€ for an empty chrome.I remember months ago the price for 3 full and sealed were about 200€ up to 250€ and now you get an empty one for 80€. Thats very crazy.Im really thinking if its useful to collect further, but i miss the "rare" pieces  like almost most of the forum member like CnC, brasils, Cozy, Britto etc.And if I see the prices atm i could scream.

Regards Thomas

Yes its a very expensive "hobby" indeed to collect absolut.Me i think never gonna own a chrome series or Brasil Monkey,Cozy or coolpacks for example.The answer is simple coz i cant afford it. Sad

Absolut Vodka Collectors

★★★★ Positive feedback : 187 ★★★★
tonycor wrote:

Tomek2009 wrote:
I started this topic due to this crazy price on german ebay which was over 80€ for an empty chrome.I remember months ago the price for 3 full and sealed were about 200€ up to 250€ and now you get an empty one for 80€. Thats very crazy.

Regards Thomas

Tomek ... you don't have to have expensive bottles in your collection to enjoy collecting.  My collection also is missing some expensive bottles and I don't care.
I collect because I enjoy it and I know that what I own will never lose value if I ever decide to stop collecting.
I like when friends come to my bar and look at my collection and they are amazed and thrilled to see such a varity of Absolut from around the world.

They don't know the difference between a $5,000 bottle or a $50 bottle ... all they know is that it look nice and they appreciate it. 
Collect what you like and what you can afford .  Don't worry about missing expensive bottles because no collector will ever be able to complete an Absolut collection.
Just my opinion...
My words exactly, well put Tony Okay

Visit poster’s website
Ofcourse everybody would like to have all bottles, even the most expensive ones.. but you dont need to give up just because the prices are high!
I have a collection of about 40 bottles and none of those were "expensive".. i guess i paid about 20€ - 80€ each.. not more! i can only dream about bottles like freestyle and chromes.. but it doesn't stop me from collecting.. i collect just for the fun of having more and more affordable bottles and watching the collection grow..

So don't give up Tomek! stay with us Mr. Green  the world is not going to end if you miss a chrome in your collection!

My trade list

My feedback (13)
Well said Tony!!!

Thomas, I cannot afford expensive bottles too if you see my collection I just quit to have some of them like 4 chromes. I collect what my pocket let me to get....I started to collect in 2006 and I see people here that in 2 months have more than I. The good thing for me, collecting Absolut is  something that interest me, when I'm taking care of my bottles or reading this forum I forget the rest of other things, It's a hobby. I really don't care about other people toughts but it's cool when my friends come to my house and say how cool is my collection (they have no idea about most of bottles or skins I have)...

So keep collecting and forget bottles that is too much for you ....are so many new releases and some members in this forum can help you to get them for a very good price like some of them are helping me!!

MSN
Loliroy wrote:
So keep collecting and forget bottles that is too much for you ....are so many new releases and some members in this forum can help you to get them for a very good price like some of them are helping me!!

He is selling his entire collection now...I just seen it.

Absolut Vodka Collectors

★★★★ Positive feedback : 187 ★★★★
its a hard decision but I think its better for me.
but i wont stop reading Regis about new skins/bottles.
In future i will only collect the flavours to decorate my room.

MSN
what a shame...

For every Absolut collector that stops collecting , I would bet that 10 new collectors start this great hobby.
I can't prove or document this , but as most of you guys know I have been doing this for a long time now.
I knew alot of members here long before AbsolutRegis was ever created.  So I say this with some degree of experience.
I'm really amazed how many new names and new collectors are starting collections ... and what a great hobby it really is !

its a really nice hobbyTheres No Fun getting all the bottles easily
I dont want to get the freestyle tack Chrome4 Etc. FOR NOW cause ive limited myself for the amount of money im willing to pay for one bottle.. 
(just because i dont have a job with a normal salary)
but i know than in 16months ill leave the army ill be able to work and afford them! :]

All the fun is the time you spend looking each time for a new/old rare bottle
The Waiting For a New Package With Bottles Inside
I Just Love It :]
HEHE I EVEN LOVE THE WOMAN FROM THE POSTOFFICE ALLREADY!

And This Collection Doesnt Loose Its Value...
I dont think one day there wont be any collectors in the world (while absolut keeps Releasing Limited Editions Every YEAR)
I Only Know That If ill have any economic problem and ill need the Money Urgently Ill sell it
Otherwise ill kep it and let my son sell it in 25years and than be a milionaire! hehe

@Tomek2009 Life is about making decisions... some easy some tough... nonetheless decisions are made on certain considerations be it open or personal, however the case I wish you all the best in whatever or whereever your decision leads you Mr. Green

cheers

MSN
@ Tomek2009 : Collect what you like and what you could afford, "follow your heart" is the secret word to your ever growing collection Okay

Thomas

I don't think you should stop collecting just because you are not able to get every bottle. If you had every bottle then there would be nothing left to get and no more fun. As Tony said be happy with what you have and can get. That's what is good about seeing people's collections on this forum. They are all different. No 2 collections on here have the exact same bottles.

I don't see why you don't just keep the skins/bottles you have atleast. But It would be great to see you carry on with your collection even if it is just slowly. Collect what you like, and don't worry about what you don't have or may not likely get. There's alot of the more expensive bottles I'll probably never get, but that's life. If you enjoy collecting, just keep going with it regardless of which bottle you can get.

Absolut for me is not about collecting.
Is all about a passion.
I've started few years ago but it was this forum that helped me to grow my collection.
For example, I only had one chrome that I've bought few years ago on ebay. Then I stopped collecting for a big time and I've started again when Absolut started to make more and more special editions (since the first Disco and Bling).
I have never payed more that 60 euros for a bottle.
And now, thanks to this forum, I have managed to trade 2 more chromes and I've finished my 3 chrome collection (this is just an example).
You can easily see new members having their collection growing in one month. If you had the lucky to be on a country where Absolut releases special editions, you would be this lucky.
Look at several members. Sergio is a nice example. He managed to find several snowflake 750, a piece that is wanted for many many members. And his collection has grow a lot since he entered the forum.
I wish I could have the limited editions too but when I look at the values I just think "I can't spend this money in one bottle!!!". I just think of what I can buy from the newest and future Absolut editions with it. Imagine what you can buy with 1000 euros of one 4th chrome (color discos, vancouver, rock editions, no labels, selfridges and so on...).
I love to look at all my collection and when I look at it I don't even think in what I could have there. I just look at the beauty of all the things I have collected by being patient, with some money (of course) and with lots of passion.
And you'll always find here nice members who can help you with nice and fair prices, not the crazy ones like you see on ebay.
Cheers my friend! Okay

ROCK 7L + CANARINHA 1L + SNOW ARGENTINIAN FOR TRADE
MSN

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation