Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3
is it useful to start collection for new member
Post is it useful to start collection for new member 
tonycor wrote:

IsaaC wrote:
tonycor wrote:

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

aramis wrote:
This was a CRAZY year from Absolut!!! ))dooh))smiley

I'd rather have more than less new releases  Laughing    Okay

I would like to see true "limited edition"  releases.  They call the Rockstar cover "limited edition"  with 3.6 million made  ? I'd like to see editions with releases of less than say ... 10,000  pieces so that they have collector  value.  I'm sick of "common covers and bottles".

well the latest covers or bottles first become value after years! Like the old style Bottles, they were produced in mass and today the cost around 700€ like the last one Jesper bought.
Its the same with coins or stamps, time make the value.

Sascha ...   rockstars and masquerades will never in my lifetime have any collector value.  My opinion only.

Well ok, these two not Laughing
but No Labels or maybe Boston.
I dont collect only because of value, profit or making money, I collect because i like the brand Absolut and the different bottles and skins.

I understand ...   but anybody that collects anything likes to see the value of their collection go up and not down.

@ Sascha -- that's exactly how I look at it too.

@ Tony -- with a continuous flow of new items coming out in the market, you'll potentially have more and more people tuning in and noticing how interesting this would be to collect... and then they'll start looking for past editions to add, hence the demand eventually goes up.  I honestly don't see how something out today will drop significantly in value, but whatever the case, I don't collect with the intent of selling -- hence the value is not a priority for me.  My passion is to collect the various items, that is what's fun and exciting to me.  I do agree, though, that I would prefer to see smaller production numbers rather than millions of items, but we all know the reasons why Absolut is doing that.

Razz

Visit poster’s website
IsaaC wrote:

tonycor wrote:

IsaaC wrote:

tonycor wrote:

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

aramis wrote:

I would like to see true "limited edition"  releases.  They call the Rockstar cover "limited edition"  with 3.6 million made  ? I'd like to see editions with releases of less than say ... 10,000  pieces so that they have collector  value.  I'm sick of "common covers and bottles".

well the latest covers or bottles first become value after years! Like the old style Bottles, they were produced in mass and today the cost around 700€ like the last one Jesper bought.

Sascha ...   rockstars and masquerades will never in my lifetime have any collector value.  My opinion only.

I dont collect only because of value, profit or making money, I collect because i like the brand Absolut and the different bottles and skins.

yes years ago there wasnt much collectors, so the items/bottles/skins were smashed/drunken, but today many people keep the skins/bottles so imo the value of the new releases wont go up.
a good example is the New Orleans.
the price wont go up. its still at about 40 - 50€ on ebay german.

MSN
Tomek2009 wrote:
IsaaC wrote:

tonycor wrote:

IsaaC wrote:

tonycor wrote:

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

aramis wrote:

yes years ago there wasnt much collectors, so the items/bottles/skins were smashed/drunken, but today many people keep the skins/bottles so imo the value of the new releases wont go up.
a good example is the New Orleans.
the price wont go up. its still at about 40 - 50€ on ebay german.

At some point prices will go up, no question about that.  We just don't know when that will happen, but believe me, it will rarely go the other way.  In all fairness, you guys are talking about items that came out within the last couple of years or so... just wait 20 years, and you'll see what I mean.  Collecting Absolut bottles and second skins is still a fairly new game in town, we'll have plenty of new collectors showing up as time goes by.

Visit poster’s website
jesper its completly right i think. ofcourse there are some bottles, the value doesn't realy go up right now (like the No e.g.) but imagen the Attraction, masquerade apeach, apeach shaker .... these skins arent older than the NO but the value is still going up...

Brazil Bottles reach a crazy price for less than 3 years release....If you have some in your stock in 5 years the prices will double or more with new collectors searching for them.

MSN

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation