Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >
Insurance
Are you insured?

Yes 26% 26% ( 11 )
No 73% 73% ( 30 )

Total Votes : 41
Post Insurance 
Hello all... I have been thinking about something...

I live in Vancouver, an area which is always under threat of earthquake, maybe not as much as LA or some other cities but they always say that when the big one hits it will rock all the way up the coast.

I would like to know if anyone here has gone to the extent to get any kind of special insurance for their collection.  I am sure that some people have very high values invested, I have expanded my own collection by quite a bit recently and I am considering getting it covered.

I think there is a  special disclosure I have to make to have it covered from theift or damage to the insurance company.

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Post Insurance 
i voted for no as my insurance guy told me it would be no so eays to get this stuff insured - and that it would be very expencive.

so i am happy to live no in a erath quak affected area - but sure you never know - no risk no fun ))green2))smiley

I've asked an insurance-company about it, and the only thing they can insure is money collections and stamp collections... Not alcohol Sad

Post Insurance 
Use museum wax to safely secure those bottles... this stuff works great, and you'll sleep better at night knowing that your bottles won't topple over and shatter on the floor  Okay

Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 
I live in Los Angeles so I am am constantly worried about an earthquake ruining my collection. I have used the museum putty to hold down the bottles and have the case that they sit on bolted to the wall. My next purchase is going to be a curio cabinet with a full locking glass door infront of the bottles so even if the museum putty fails, the bottles can't fall on to the floor. I have never thought about insuring the bottles. Maybe you could as art, but providing a cost basis in the bottles would be difficult...

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Use museum wax to safely secure those bottles... this stuff works great, and you'll sleep better at night knowing that your bottles won't topple over and shatter on the floor  Okay

JESPER, you live in earthquake territory... Have you spoken with your insurance agent about coverage for your collection? I am thinking about it, but I am not sure how to approach them since this is a hard collection to value...

Bladezedge22 wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

JESPER, you live in earthquake territory... Have you spoken with your insurance agent about coverage for your collection? I am thinking about it, but I am not sure how to approach them since this is a hard collection to value...

I have not, but probably should... the worst part is, though, that many pieces are impossible to replace despite compensation.  The museum wax, though, is very effective... I'm more worried about burglary, kids horsing around, etc.

Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Bladezedge22 wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

I have not, but probably should... the worst part is, though, that many pieces are impossible to replace despite compensation.  The museum wax, though, is very effective... I'm more worried about burglary, kids horsing around, etc.

Sadly, my collection is fairly replaceable but I would still be very upset if it was destroyed/stolen. The museum wax is good, but it won't matter if my whole bookcase comes crashing down or against any theif stronger than a 2 year old Smile

Yes i have an insurance for my collection

Post Insurance 
freerider wrote:

How much do you pay for it?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Positive Feedback: 13 (100%)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Post Insurance 
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:

80€ for the whole year ))green2))smiley

That's pretty good!

Can you tell me more about it? Like what type of damage is insured and so on?
Since I'm going to get a Absolut Crystal, I'm thinking of having my collection insured as well.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Positive Feedback: 13 (100%)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Post Insurance 
ToRbA wrote:
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:

What's your coverage?

Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 
ToRbA wrote:
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:

Wow, I hope it is that cheap in here in the United States!

Bladezedge22 wrote:
ToRbA wrote:
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:

Wow, I hope it is that cheap in here in the United States!

It'll cost you approx. $75/year for a coverage of $25,000. I'm currently seeking quotes for our homeowners policy renewal.

Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 

Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation