Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >
Insurance
Are you insured?

Yes 26% 26% ( 11 )
No 73% 73% ( 30 )

Total Votes : 41
Author Message
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
Hello all... I have been thinking about something...

I live in Vancouver, an area which is always under threat of earthquake, maybe not as much as LA or some other cities but they always say that when the big one hits it will rock all the way up the coast.

I would like to know if anyone here has gone to the extent to get any kind of special insurance for their collection.  I am sure that some people have very high values invested, I have expanded my own collection by quite a bit recently and I am considering getting it covered.

I think there is a  special disclosure I have to make to have it covered from theift or damage to the insurance company.


_________________
I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. ~Winston Churchill
Positive feedback = 13
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?


Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
i voted for no as my insurance guy told me it would be no so eays to get this stuff insured - and that it would be very expencive.

so i am happy to live no in a erath quak affected area - but sure you never know - no risk no fun ))green2))smiley


_________________
ICQ
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
I've asked an insurance-company about it, and the only thing they can insure is money collections and stamp collections... Not alcohol Sad


_________________
My Absolut Bottles
The Google Spreadsheet of Absolut Vodka
Visit poster’s website Skype ICQ MSN
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
Use museum wax to safely secure those bottles... this stuff works great, and you'll sleep better at night knowing that your bottles won't topple over and shatter on the floor  Okay


_________________

Visit poster’s website
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
I live in Los Angeles so I am am constantly worried about an earthquake ruining my collection. I have used the museum putty to hold down the bottles and have the case that they sit on bolted to the wall. My next purchase is going to be a curio cabinet with a full locking glass door infront of the bottles so even if the museum putty fails, the bottles can't fall on to the floor. I have never thought about insuring the bottles. Maybe you could as art, but providing a cost basis in the bottles would be difficult...


_________________
--- Selling my entire collection!! ---
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Use museum wax to safely secure those bottles... this stuff works great, and you'll sleep better at night knowing that your bottles won't topple over and shatter on the floor  Okay

JESPER, you live in earthquake territory... Have you spoken with your insurance agent about coverage for your collection? I am thinking about it, but I am not sure how to approach them since this is a hard collection to value...


_________________
--- Selling my entire collection!! ---
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
Bladezedge22 wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Use museum wax to safely secure those bottles... this stuff works great, and you'll sleep better at night knowing that your bottles won't topple over and shatter on the floor  Okay



JESPER, you live in earthquake territory... Have you spoken with your insurance agent about coverage for your collection? I am thinking about it, but I am not sure how to approach them since this is a hard collection to value...


I have not, but probably should... the worst part is, though, that many pieces are impossible to replace despite compensation.  The museum wax, though, is very effective... I'm more worried about burglary, kids horsing around, etc.


_________________

Visit poster’s website
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Bladezedge22 wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Use museum wax to safely secure those bottles... this stuff works great, and you'll sleep better at night knowing that your bottles won't topple over and shatter on the floor  Okay




JESPER, you live in earthquake territory... Have you spoken with your insurance agent about coverage for your collection? I am thinking about it, but I am not sure how to approach them since this is a hard collection to value...


I have not, but probably should... the worst part is, though, that many pieces are impossible to replace despite compensation.  The museum wax, though, is very effective... I'm more worried about burglary, kids horsing around, etc.


Sadly, my collection is fairly replaceable but I would still be very upset if it was destroyed/stolen. The museum wax is good, but it won't matter if my whole bookcase comes crashing down or against any theif stronger than a 2 year old Smile


_________________
--- Selling my entire collection!! ---
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
Yes i have an insurance for my collection


_________________
my collection: http://absolutregis.xooit.com/t1501-Freerider-s-Collection.htm
ICQ
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
freerider wrote:

Yes i have an insurance for my collection

How much do you pay for it?


_________________
*********************************My Wanted list!*********************************

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Positive Feedback: 13 (100%)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:
Yes i have an insurance for my collection

How much do you pay for it?

80€ for the whole year ))green2))smiley


_________________
No Bullshit!!!
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
That's pretty good!

Can you tell me more about it? Like what type of damage is insured and so on?
Since I'm going to get a Absolut Crystal, I'm thinking of having my collection insured as well.


_________________
*********************************My Wanted list!*********************************

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Positive Feedback: 13 (100%)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
ToRbA wrote:
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:
Yes i have an insurance for my collection

How much do you pay for it?

80€ for the whole year ))green2))smiley

What's your coverage?


_________________

Visit poster’s website
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
ToRbA wrote:
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:
Yes i have an insurance for my collection

How much do you pay for it?

80€ for the whole year ))green2))smiley

Wow, I hope it is that cheap in here in the United States!


_________________
--- Selling my entire collection!! ---
Reply with quote
Post Insurance 
Bladezedge22 wrote:
ToRbA wrote:
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:
Yes i have an insurance for my collection

How much do you pay for it?

80€ for the whole year ))green2))smiley

Wow, I hope it is that cheap in here in the United States!

It'll cost you approx. $75/year for a coverage of $25,000. I'm currently seeking quotes for our homeowners policy renewal.


_________________

Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 


Display posts from previous:
Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >
  


Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation