Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 2 of 4
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >
Insurance
Are you insured?

Yes 26% 26% ( 11 )
No 73% 73% ( 30 )

Total Votes : 41
Post Insurance 
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Bladezedge22 wrote:
ToRbA wrote:
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:
Yes i have an insurance for my collection

How much do you pay for it?

80€ for the whole year ))green2))smiley

Wow, I hope it is that cheap in here in the United States!

It'll cost you approx. $75/year for a coverage of $25,000. I'm currently seeking quotes for our homeowners policy renewal.

Thanks for the info JESPER! What does that cover?

I am hoping that I can get a rate similar to that even though I am a renter. I do have the advantage of working for a very large insurance company though! Mr. Green

Post Insurance 
Bladezedge22 wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Bladezedge22 wrote:
ToRbA wrote:
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:

80€ for the whole year ))green2))smiley

Wow, I hope it is that cheap in here in the United States!

It'll cost you approx. $75/year for a coverage of $25,000. I'm currently seeking quotes for our homeowners policy renewal.

Thanks for the info JESPER! What does that cover?

I am hoping that I can get a rate similar to that even though I am a renter. I do have the advantage of working for a very large insurance company though! Mr. Green

You'll need to talk to your employer, landlord, agent or broker about specific coverage needs and costs.  I work for the world's largest property and casualty insurance company, and we offer specialized insurance in these areas... I'll have to check and see what they can offer me.  One thing is for sure, you'll sleep better at night in case disaster should strike.  Good luck!

Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 
OK guys, so I just added extra insurance for my Absolut collection under our homeowner's policy.  For an extra $134/year, we're covered up to $25,000 (with a max value of $5,000 per item) with a $500 deductible.  Now here's the interesting part... the replacement value is based upon what a bottle is worth empty (liquor is not covered), so I'll have to eat the value difference compared to a full bottle. 

If I wanted to itemize every single item (with coverage set at full market value) the premium jumps significantly.  The insurance company would basically have to estimate every single item, so you can just imagine the long process involved... and then having to constantly update the inventory list every time new stuff is added. 

Anyhow, I'll sleep better at night knowing that I won't take a total hit if something should happen, but as we all know, some things are simply not replaceable.  If you've got a large collection, I would definitely recommend insuring it.  

Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:

I pay around 60 Euro in one year for a hight about 30.000 Euro.

I think this i only a city Edition bottle. When i can buy bottles for more then 200 Euro, i can pay this for the safty of my bottles.

Post Insurance 
freerider wrote:
seb08 wrote:
freerider wrote:

I pay around 60 Euro in one year for a hight about 30.000 Euro.

I think this i only a city Edition bottle. When i can buy bottles for more then 200 Euro, i can pay this for the safty of my bottles.

Typically insurance is more expensive for such coverage.  What exactly is included and how much is your deductible?  Is it part of your homeowner's insurance or a separate policy?  Rolling Eyes

Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 
Yes give us more details please, can you ask your insurance if they accept international people?
I'm really interested Okay

All inside my flat is affirmed. Incl. all my bottles.

my insurance will pay if anything will be stolen, against fire and water, against glas break, against vandalism and things like these.
In Germany the height how much you have to pay in one year, is addicted to:
1. how much is the height of the insurance
2. how big is your flat. If your flat is bigger, more things are in your flat, so, you have to pay more.
3. Where are you live. Do you live in a town where mor happens, you also have to pay more.

I hope you understand what i mean, because my English isn´t the best.

Post Insurance 
freerider wrote:
All inside my flat is affirmed. Incl. all my bottles.

my insurance will pay if anything will be stolen, against fire and water, against glas break, against vandalism and things like these.
In Germany the height how much you have to pay in one year, is addicted to:
1. how much is the height of the insurance
2. how big is your flat. If your flat is bigger, more things are in your flat, so, you have to pay more.
3. Where are you live. Do you live in a town where mor happens, you also have to pay more.

I hope you understand what i mean, because my English isn´t the best.

That's a great deal... what's your deductible?  Also, did they itemize anything (in other words, did you have to provide an inventory list) + who'll come up with the value of lost/damaged items if a claim is filed?

Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 
I don´t get the money how much i paid for it when i bought it years before. I get the money to get a new one.

If i bought a wadrobe for 300 Euro and it burns down, and i need 500 Euro to get a new one, then i get the 500 Euro, not the 300 Euro
The same is it with my bottles.

I hope you understand what i mean

Post Insurance 
freerider wrote:
I don´t get the money how much i paid for it when i bought it years before. I get the money to get a new one.

If i bought a wadrobe for 300 Euro and it burns down, and i need 500 Euro to get a new one, then i get the 500 Euro, not the 300 Euro

If you buy an Absolut Freestyle for 20 EUR and it breaks, can you get more 2000 EUR for a new one ? Shocked

Positivie feedback : 52
Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 
right

Post Insurance 
freerider wrote:

if i understand what you mean, i'd like the same insurance please!!!

How do you prove what the bottles/items are worth now though? Rolling Eyes

Post Insurance 
ABSOLUTonio wrote:

freerider wrote:

if i understand what you mean, i'd like the same insurance please!!!

How do you prove what the bottles/items are worth now though? Rolling Eyes

I guess you can determine it with ebay. Best way to get the actual market price of an Absolut item.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Positive Feedback: 13 (100%)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Post Insurance 
@ Seb and you show the ebay auction to the insurance company?  Question

Post Insurance 
I don´t know how the insurance get the exact worth of the bottles. I wasn´t in a situation like this, and i´m happy. Very Happy
But i think the only way will be ebay, like Seb said.

I only have to make photos from all my bottles, to say: this were all my bottle i hade, before the happening.
By a burning, i don´t know how they will controll this, please don´t ask me.
But they pay the price to get a new one.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 4
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation