Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >
Insurance
Are you insured?

Yes 26% 26% ( 11 )
No 73% 73% ( 30 )

Total Votes : 41
Post Insurance 
ABSOLUTonio wrote:

@ Seb and you show the ebay auction to the insurance company?  Question

I certainly have no experience with a refund or something, but that's the only way to get the market price of bottles that are not available in stores any more. If you bought a Chrome bottle a couple of years ago, you probably paid around 12 EUR for it. Today, you need a lot more than that to get such a rare bottle. Therefore, the insurance company has to determine the market price. Usually, the only way to do so is to watch some ebay auctions. However, I think you have to give proof to the company that the bottle is worth that much and that you need a certain amount of money to get a new one.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Positive Feedback: 13 (100%)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Post Insurance 
I also have no insurance until now but I'm very interested in such an insurance. Think of how much money we as collectors would loose if our collection gets destroyed. I can't even imagine...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Positive Feedback: 13 (100%)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Post Insurance 
freerider wrote:
I don´t know how the insurance get the exact worth of the bottles. I wasn´t in a situation like this, and i´m happy. Very Happy
But i think the only way will be ebay, like Seb said.

I only have to make photos from all my bottles, to say: this were all my bottle i hade, before the happening.
By a burning, i don´t know how they will controll this, please don´t ask me.
But they pay the price to get a new one.

What's your deductible?  You might have a difficult time proving the value of some items which are no longer available for sale... in other words, I'm curious how the insurance company will determine value if they have nothing to compare it to, right?  

Visit poster’s website
Post Insurance 
I don´t know what you exactly mean, but i get the price to buy a new one for me.

Post Insurance 
Ok, i´ve checked out the insurance information for germany and its basically like freerider said.
I´ve insured everthing in my flat up to 40.000€ there is no deductible. I told them i have a collection of bottles, they said that "valubales" are money and stuff that is older than 100 years (antiques) so a collection of bottles is normal "stuff" for them and is included in the 40.000 they do want a list of the bottles and photos of them. And they said they would want me to update the list and the insurance hight (40.000) if it gets more.
Insured are : Fire, Water, Robbery, Vandalism, Theft, and damage thats your own fault.
And now the best part: All that & no worries for approx. 7€ a month. What else could you possibly want?
@Jesper: I asked if they only insure in germany, she told me they have kind of partner contracts with other insurances and that she will get back with me when she figuered it out !

- Chrome #4

Positive Feedbacks : - 49 -
Post Insurance 
You all do not need to worry about your collections.

A collection of bottles do belong to the household as much as clothing or flatware. You just need a household insurance. But it's very important that you don't forget to mention that you own a collection of rare bottles. To be on the safe side you could take pictures and/or instruct an expert to asses the value.

If you already have such an insurance you should definitely increase your sum insured depending on the value of your collection. Insurance companies don't usually have the time to check all the prices on the market. They just request a list of the things which were destroyed. As well you have to assume that they won't pay out the whole sum which you have worked out.

Post Insurance 
freerider wrote:
I don´t know what you exactly mean, but i get the price to buy a new one for me.

Deductible = German: Selbstbeteiligung
Means that you have to bear a part of the costs. You can include a deductible of e.g. EUR 150 or EUR 300 when you take out an insurance. That will decrease your insurance premuim you have to pay.

Post Insurance 
Great information.
Thank you Okay

Tja

Jag skriver på svenska eftersom jag inte tror att detta rör någon annan nationalitet.

Jag har börjat komma upp i (i mina ögon) en ganska stor sammling och därmed ett stort värde.
När värdet ökar så blir man så klart orolig för inbrott och att någon ska ta allt.
Jag pratade med mitt försäkringsbolag (Moderna försäkringar) och dom säjer att sprit räknas som stöldbegärligt och man får då ingen ersättning om det förvaras i ex ett källarförråd. (Där jag förvarar mina dubletter. Ca 100 flaskor)
Det finns inte heller en specifik försäkring för detta.

Värdet på flaskorna kommer nog också att värderas ganska lågt. För oöppnade flaskor kommer man få tillbaka inköpsvärdet, men det blir fel i mina ögon för en flaska som inte sålts på några år och det är stor efterfråga på den.

Mina igentliga frågor är:

Hur förvarar ni era flaskor som inte står framme och synliga?

Hur resonerar era försäkringsbolag angående detta?

Har ni något förslag hur jag ska lösa detta? Jag har inte plats (eller tillstånd av min sambo) att förvara allt i lägenheten.

Tråkigt ämne men jag är ändå glad över svar.

Moderated English (Google) Translation:

Well

I write in Swedish, because I do not think this concerns any other nationality.

I have started to come up in (in my opinion) a pretty big sammling and thus a great value.
When the value increases as you get of course worried about burglary and someone to take it all.
I talked to my insurance company (Modern insurance) and they say that the spirits count as theft greedily and you will receive no compensation if stored in as a basement storage room. (Where I keep my duplicates. About 100 bottles)
Nor is there a specific insurance for this.

The value of the bottles will probably also be valued quite low. For unopened bottles will get back their purchase value, but it will be wrong in my eyes for a bottle that is not sold in a few years and there is great demand for it.

My igentligen questions are:

How do you store your bottles that are not there and visible?

What do your insurance company about this?

Do you have any suggestions how to solve this? I have no room (or permission of my husband) to keep everything in the apartment.

Boring topic but I'm still glad reply.

Post Insurance 
Sorry but only english is permited in the forum. Exclamation

Post Insurance 
Move the discussion here, we already have a thread for insurance question.

And Cristobal is right, even if you think the subject will only interest Swedish guys, please post it in English Okay

For me I have 3 collections (Absolut Vodka, Banknotes & Vintage Star Wars).

I didn't insured my collections but at times I'm rather worry if anything happen to them Mr. Green

Post Insurance 
GA85 wrote:
Tja

Jag skriver på svenska eftersom jag inte tror att detta rör någon annan nationalitet.

Jag har börjat komma upp i (i mina ögon) en ganska stor sammling och därmed ett stort värde.
När värdet ökar så blir man så klart orolig för inbrott och att någon ska ta allt.
Jag pratade med mitt försäkringsbolag (Moderna försäkringar) och dom säjer att sprit räknas som stöldbegärligt och man får då ingen ersättning om det förvaras i ex ett källarförråd. (Där jag förvarar mina dubletter. Ca 100 flaskor)
Det finns inte heller en specifik försäkring för detta.

Värdet på flaskorna kommer nog också att värderas ganska lågt. För oöppnade flaskor kommer man få tillbaka inköpsvärdet, men det blir fel i mina ögon för en flaska som inte sålts på några år och det är stor efterfråga på den.

Mina igentliga frågor är:

Hur förvarar ni era flaskor som inte står framme och synliga?

Hur resonerar era försäkringsbolag angående detta?

Har ni något förslag hur jag ska lösa detta? Jag har inte plats (eller tillstånd av min sambo) att förvara allt i lägenheten.

Tråkigt ämne men jag är ändå glad över svar.

Moderated English (Google) Translation:

Well

I write in Swedish, because I do not think this concerns any other nationality.

I have started to come up in (in my opinion) a pretty big sammling and thus a great value.
When the value increases as you get of course worried about burglary and someone to take it all.
I talked to my insurance company (Modern insurance) and they say that the spirits count as theft greedily and you will receive no compensation if stored in as a basement storage room. (Where I keep my duplicates. About 100 bottles)
Nor is there a specific insurance for this.

The value of the bottles will probably also be valued quite low. For unopened bottles will get back their purchase value, but it will be wrong in my eyes for a bottle that is not sold in a few years and there is great demand for it.

My igentligen questions are:

How do you store your bottles that are not there and visible?

What do your insurance company about this?

Do you have any suggestions how to solve this? I have no room (or permission of my husband) to keep everything in the apartment.

Boring topic but I'm still glad reply.

Best suggestion: change your husband!!  smilmdrrrrr smilmdrrrrr

Post Insurance 
Hi guys,
Just to tell yopu, i took an insurance for my collection.
It's all covered untill 18 000€ and is included in my home insurance which is untill 45 000€. I pay 21€/month and all damages are covered. If a bottles breaks down, it's covered as the "market" price of the bottle, i just had to send them a complete listing of all the bottles i have and the price of them. very easy, was done in 1hour to get it insured !!

If french guys needs more info, just give me a call or send me a pm.

Cheers !

Post Insurance 
tloiret wrote:
Hi guys, Just to tell yopu, i took an insurance for my collection.
It's all covered untill 18 000€ and is included in my home insurance which is untill 45 000€. I pay 21€/month and all damages are covered. If a bottles breaks down, it's covered as the "market" price of the bottle, i just had to send them a complete listing of all the bottles i have and the price of them. very easy, was done in 1hour to get it insured !!

If french guys needs more info, just give me a call or send me a pm.

Cheers !

sounds like ergo

Post Insurance 

Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation