Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Absolut - the "collector's guide" book
Post Absolut - the "collector's guide" book 
In the last few days there has been some discussion in a few threads different threads about collectors wanting to start a "Collectors Guide" Book dedicated to the hobby of Absolut collecting. 

This thread is started because I think that many collectors think that its a great idea and so many of us want to contribute our thoughts and ideas.

Please post your opinion and suggestions and lets see if we can help with this great venture !  

Thank you

Last edited by tonycor on Wed 27 Oct - 21:14 (2010); edited 1 time in total

Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

This is probably going to be a huge project and a lot of time and effort would be needed to finalize such a guide.

I don't know how this going to look like, but since we have so many very passionate collectors, I think this would be the most amazing and interesting thing that was ever done by Absolut collectors.
I think it would be very cool to list every limited edition that was ever officially released by Absolut in this guide. If there is like a certain framework or structure (e.g. Name of Limited Edtion, Country, Year, Quantity, Background Information), every interested member can pick one limited edition he likes and can write about it. It has to be all the same for sure, but that way it would be possible to have lots of members contribute to the project.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Positive Feedback: 13 (100%)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
By the way: it's a great idea! Mr. Green

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Positive Feedback: 13 (100%)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
It's a great idea Tony !

Positive feedback: #14
Al' wrote:
It's a great idea Tony !
Thanks ...  but I think that others had this idea long before I did.  I know that Todd and others have "kicked" this around for some time now.

I think that its a great idea and hope that I will have an opportunity to contribute some ideas & pictures and it would ne an honor for me to help with this project.

Yes great idea!
I think lot of people around the world collect and they are not all here, so it's a good idea Okay

Couple of things..I LOVE the idea of collectors from around the world sharing in the info/backround/pictures etc. I dont know if this is what others had in mind, but MY vision is from an authors point of view. Along the same lines of Richard Lewis, Worldwide Director of Advertising for Absolut for all those years and his Absolut Book and Absolut Sequel. Telling a story, separated by common themes, some full page pictures, some many to a page. In my mind, ABSOLUT STUFF. Actually kinda funny when I first bought the domain name absoutstuff.com ten years ago with this same idea, I got a mean letter from Absolut's law firm lol. I currently own absolutstuff.com and absolutstuffthebook.com

While its been some time since I asked, I did get an agreement from two of the biggest names in Absolut history to agree to write a forward to the book, and I think that would hold true still if we asked

I DONT think it would work for diff people to be writing diff parts of the book from a continuity standpoint. It also is a very expensive proposition to have a book published, not to mention even the process of submitting the book to publishers etc. Too many hands i it would doom it I think. I think several of you would obviously have a bigger part in this becoming a reality than others, everyone would be invited to participate, and of course everyone would be acknowledged in the book!

Thoughts?

The more I thnk about this. I like the title ABSOLUT STUFF and subtitle The Ultimate Collectors Guide

Awesome idea guys Okay
If I can help, I'm here & ready !

Yes great idea! I think lot of people around the world collect and they are not all here, so it's a good idea Okay

++1+1+1+1++  

<<<.........My Collection.........>>>
<<<...Wanted & Trade List...>>>
MSN
yes, great idea indeed !!! and of course, I'm here to help with anything !!!

Visit poster’s website MSN
will be great  have somenthing like a catalogue that list all the absolut  official bottles  skins and pack with the info year , country where it release  and pics so the new member like me can make a wish list based on that  ))green2))smiley

Visit poster’s website
Well, there's always the inofficial Google Spreadsheet document of Absolut releases...

Great idea !
i saw the topic started in october (2011 i guess...), where is the idea now? I think Seb's idea is great.
Make 2 pages per bottle or special edition etc... one w/ a large picture and one w/ all the explanations... like country / date / number etc... why cannot we put a special test from an oenologist on special flavors...
Creating a book for collectors and other people is such a great idea!!

how can we help ?

yeahhh thats great 

Visit poster’s website

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation