Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Collecting Absolut - Where is the limit?
Post Collecting Absolut - Where is the limit? 
Well, I ve been thinking about this for a few days and some great collectors are thinking about to give up collecting for this issue, so I ask , Where is the limit ?
Some years ago, ( not many) Absolut have a few original releases, generally one core flavour a year, some special french or german edition and a christmas one ( one second skin ).
This make collecting a possible hobby, with a few special editions that were quite rare and unique that kept the desire to wait for a next release.
Then came the North American City bottle series, one per year, and in the last two years, they were at least 30 releases without counting the different sizes and cap variations.And inside that big number there is a lot of quantity and not too many quality/creativity in many of them ( change some colors and you got 4 new discos, make it transparent and you got an acryl summer, change 1 sticker and replace a mini and you got two IAAW, change 4 labels and you got 4 rocks, 3 labels and skin color then you got 3 masquerades, 1 sticker = a french minibar or NoLa...and dont forget the re-release of Brazilian butterfly) Neutral
Not to mention the special mini packs with minimum variations and all sort of items...
And an other thing, we already know about 7 future releases, so how many more there will be in next year? Rolling Eyes
( 2 city bottles core flavours, Elyx, 2 wallpapers, San francisco, Watkins...)

Some people say " Well, you have no obligation to buy them all , buy only the ones you like" , its true and a healthy possibility , but also a bit annoying since we are concious about the new releases that we miss.

What do you think about it?

I want to know your opinions.

Positive feedback: 14
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

@ Argenlut : I buy what I could afford and find, those which is way too high and unable to find then I could only dream about owning them Okay      Razz

I believe every collectors have their own way of collecting and no 1 is right or wrong in what they comment.

Is a great topic and I hope most of the collectors here could share their view on collecting Absolut as a hobby Smile

for me i try to collect the bottles and second skins the minis are not so interesting for me with all their tins, packs and boxes.

Also i recently decided that i will get rid of the cap variations mainly i am saying i dont need a no label normal cap and a security cap version - i will sell the security one off and my 7 L as they are taking up to much space for me.

@ Tortsch : Your 7 Liter Disco and & Liter Masquerade will interests me Mr. Green

I agree there are too many variations of the same thing, but like many I only collect what I come across and can easily afford, some of the more expensive items I get as gifts from my girlfriend. One way to overcome the number of releases is to collect a certain type i.e bottles, 2nd skins etc. Or you can hope they release one only available in your country and sell them to other collectors (at reasonable rates) to help pay for your collection, which as we all know many people do this.

I'm a new collector, so I'm happy that Absolut make a lot of new bottle, because I will never have some old bottle like Freestyle, chrome etc... 

And you could choose what you collect: I don't care about cap variation, I need only one Rock because for exemple, pears is the same than blue, except the banderole... It's just the same for me... Same for silver masquerade!

I really think that you could choose some bottle you like and collect this one! Don't feel "I'm a collector, I need everything": Everybody has his own collection!

And sorry for my english  Embarassed

Positive feedback: #14
nice topic Smile

i have to say, that i collect since december 2007 and 2010 was for me a tired year in respect to Absolut Vodka... Sad

nothing special i say like in 2008 or 2009 or the years before

i agree with your Argenlut - to many old new editions

i hope that 2011 will be better and not so many new editions will come Okay

the limit is how deep is your pocket...

serious, you have to collect for you... for me it's difficult because I collect some music related stuff for a long time before absolut, so absolut is not my top priority... I've already thought about selling everything because there is too much money involved, but then I give up...

for me collecting is a hobbie you like and you feel good about it, but I never take it too serious because otherwise I'd be crazy about all these new bottles...

Visit poster’s website MSN
Collect what you like ...   the bottom line fact is that no collector will ever have every bottle so why worry about it.   You can buy every bottle you ever see and still be missing bottles in your collection so its impossible ever to have a "complete collection".  Even the best collectors can never have every bottle. 

And yes there are some collectors that have stopped collecting (or will stop collecting) but 100% for sure many many more new collectors are recognizing the exciting hobby of collecting Absolut.
For every collector that stops , many more new collectors step in.   Absolut knows this and its one of the reasons why they continue to pump out new and limited edition bottles around the world.

ps - GREAT new thread  !

Harder and harder to collect every bottles.... Expensive and often annoying...

I really hope that Absolut will come back to past release frequency...

2bcorti - Admin wrote:

Harder and harder to collect every bottles.... Expensive and often annoying...

I really hope that Absolut will come back to past release frequency...

))agreed))smiley))

Wanted | Trade | My Collection
Visit poster’s website Skype MSN
I've said this several times: I'm visual. I like stuff that look good.
I collect full Absolut bottles on 750ml and cases in 700ml, unless they are not available in these sizes (as Brazils, Boston, Brooklyn...).
I don't care about other sizes, just regular blue sizes (it looks good in a descending order) and I absolutely don't care about dummy displays and promotional items.

I still have hopes that I can have the money and find an opportunity to get my hands on a Freestyle or a 4th Chrome, or even the Nubeskåpp.

Besides that, I keep on rocking the way I can. I've sold my entire collection once, and now I am basically back on track.
As well as Marcos said, I have other collections too, several, and its a matter of balance between available money, space to store the stuff and sanity. ura

Visit poster’s website Skype AIM MSN
Hey guys, here's my take on this matter Rolling Eyes

Most everyone agrees that you collect what you like, that's pretty obvious, the real question at hand is… what do you collect and where do you set your limits?  

For me, I personally collect almost anything Absolut branded.  However, I'm usually not interested in cap, size and sticker variations (except for blue label), along with some other things.  When I hear guys complaining about costs, I ask myself – so why are they buying up the same edition in every size and cap variation (Snowflake is a great example)?  Couldn't they simply settle for just one type of each edition and save some money?  I mean, if you have the Brazilian butterfly, there really isn't a need to go out and purchase the French butterfly version too (or vice versa).  Same thing with the Art of Sharing pitchers… if you've got the 5 versions in the 700ml size, then why worry about the 1L size?  The 7L display bottles are great, as another example, but do you really need those alongside the 700ml or 750ml bottles if you're trying to cut costs?  The list goes on and on.

Absolut has come out with a lot of new products and promotional merchandise, and I think most of it is fun and interesting.  I do see some releases that are redundant, though, like having both Absolut Summer and Absolut Attraction, the two versions of Colors, the Acryl Summer and Rock Edition with sticker variations, etc… these items are basically too similar in nature.  However, I disagree that Absolut has not done a good job during 2008/2009 in coming out with exciting stuff.  For example, we've got a lot of new bottles (Boston, Flavor of the Tropics, Berri Açaí, Brooklyn, Wallpapers, Vancouver, Bian 72, No Label, Glimmer, etc.) along with a variety of new flavors (not to mention upcoming releases). For second skins, we've the colored Discos, Rock edition, Canarinha, Cheers, Selfridges, and so on… all of this in just 2008/2009 alone, that's quite a mouthful.  

Sure, it may be overwhelming or frustrating trying to purchase everything that comes out, but you shouldn't feel obligated to do so.  We know that not everyone can afford to purchase everything (nor have the desire to do so), but that shouldn't discourage us from continuing to collect and enjoy what we've got despite everything that's going on.  Some folks are happy to own just a few bottles, and that's what counts… the pride of ownership and the thrill of new acquisitions.  If you feel overwhelmed, take a step back and relax… like I said, you don't have to own everything, it's OK to have a wish list. 

With that said, go pour yourself an Absolut drink and enjoy your weekend… cheers!

))drunk))smiley))

Visit poster’s website
Thanks for sharing your opinions, you all got interesting points of view.

@Absolut Splash: I understand, but Im not saying to collect every size, I count more than 30 editions without counting sizes (if not the number will be more than 50 ),and that number is really high compared to 2007 for example. Absolut is going too fast and takes some of the magic of collecting and enjoying each piece.(not talking about great stuff like Freestyle or 4th Chrome, or Nubeskåpp, Im talking about many variation of the same things and luck of creativity, but still oficial releases). Btw, Im very visual too and I also try to collect all in 750 - 700ml like you.

@tonycor & vintage & torba: Im glad you like the thread Wink

@ Jesper: I agree with you about no need to collect every single variation and the redundant stuff, also with the good job of the releases that you mention in this years, but dont forget the other releases as summer acryl, IAAW citron with pears shape, re-release of bling bling, pitchers with other flavors inside, I dont know, there are some items with quality, but too many quantity, and in a very small amount of time, so, were is Absolut going? Is going to double there amount of new releases every year? I have to buy a new house for 2012 to put the minimum sample of each release and stay in tune? I prefer some good stuff in a while and not too many in a short period and increasing, its less enjoyable in my point of view.

Positive feedback: 14
Argenlut wrote:

Thanks for sharing your opinions, you all got interesting points of view.

@Absolut Splash: I understand, but Im not saying to collect every size, I count more than 30 editions without counting sizes (if not the number will be more than 50 ),and that number is really high compared to 2007 for example. Absolut is going too fast and takes some of the magic of collecting and enjoying each piece.(not talking about great stuff like Freestyle or 4th Chrome, or Nubeskåpp, Im talking about many variation of the same things and luck of creativity, but still oficial releases). Btw, Im very visual too and I also try to collect all in 750 - 700ml like you.

@tonycor & vintage & torba: Im glad you like the thread Wink

@ Jesper: I agree with you about no need to collect every single variation and the redundant stuff, also with the good job of the releases that you mention in this years, but dont forget the other releases as summer acryl, IAAW citron with pears shape, re-release of bling bling, pitchers with other flavors inside, I dont know, there are some items with quality, but too many quantity, and in a very small amount of time, so, were is Absolut going? Is going to double there amount of new releases every year? I have to buy a new house for 2012 to put the minimum sample of each release and stay in tune? I prefer some good stuff in a while and not too many in a short period and increasing, its less enjoyable in my point of view.
I did mention Acryl Summer... but my point was not to cover all of the variations available, but rather the fact that the joy of collecting doesn't necessarily entail someone to get every release (or make them feel like they should).  It's an individual choice, and if the budget (or interest) doesn't add up, then don't worry about it (for instance, someone might focus only on bottles and be content with that).  I don't see a correlation between product availability and the joy of collecting; as a matter of fact, it just makes it more exciting to see a variety of options.  Just imagine everyone had the exact same line-up, that wouldn't be so much fun, now would it?  BTW, I've heard that Absolut's new strategy is to roll out 3 limited editions and 1 core (permanent) every year.  If you take everything else aside, I think that sounds very reasonable.  I do agree, though, that Absolut needs to be creative and come up with new ideas rather than repackage previous releases or introduce a variety of items differentiated with just stickers and so on.

Visit poster’s website

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation