Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
UK meet up
Post UK meet up 
We need a UK "Absolut annihilation" night! Be good to meet other UK collectors Wink

Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Post UK meet up 
nathangwynmorris wrote:
We need a UK "Absolut annihilation" night! Be good to meet other UK collectors Wink

Next time Absolut throw an event (outside of London I guess) we should try and meet up there, Me and Jake travelled down to Leeds last time (Glimmer launch).

I guess Manchester area is best considering the spread of us all (and the number of guys around that area too) Okay

Last edited by J4man! on Fri 14 Oct - 23:09 (2011); edited 1 time in total

★★★ 117 Positive Feedbacks! ★★★
Skype MSN
Post UK meet up 
Great idea! Smile

Post UK meet up 
J4man! wrote:

nathangwynmorris wrote:

Next time Absolut throw an event (outside of London I guess) we should try and meet up there, Me and Jake travelled down to Leeds last time (Glimmer launch).

I guess Manchester area is best considering the spread of us all (and the number of guys around that area too) Okay

We should perhaps move this to another thread and try to properly sort something out Question

...but don't forget us Scots Wink

Post UK meet up 
Well that was a tough one to move! with over 6000 posts in the Insider Tips thread it took a while to load up in Moderator mode Laughing

So if anyone hears of any Absolut events being held (Perhaps Blank or Mode events, keep an eye on Facebook/Twitter) post it here! Okay

Skype MSN
Post UK meet up 
I reckon something like this from Absolut would be a good starting point? (They handed out plenty of free drinks tokens for a bar in Leeds after the event as well)

Here's my post just after the Glimmer event last year:

J4man! wrote:
Back from Leeds, really enjoyed the night! (Long post alert!) Laughing

Apologies for the occasionally blurry photos, but here's an idea of what went on! ))drunk))smiley)) smilphoto

We were met at the entrance and handed our free drinks vouchers for the event and some extras for a bar nearby afterwards (managed to get a few extra from her! Cool )

They explained the evening was about "Making the present exceptional" and we were taken through the 'rain tunnel' with the umbrellas.

Then greeted at the bar on the other side for the first of our cocktails, we chose the Espresso Martini (with Vanilia), already quite a few 7litre bottles dotted about!

After the drinks we were shown to the first room where there were large spinning mirrors. On tables they had Glimmer bottles surrounded by glasses which were rotating round and hitting a bar that was hanging above the glasses to create some nice sounds! There was also a little scene on the underside of a table which could be viewed in a mirror on the floor below.

At the end of this room we were invited to have a go at mixing some cocktails, we made Cosmopolitans before onto the next room: a tunnel lit by black light. Each person was given a ball of string which was tied to the start of the corridor and you had to find your way through the tangle of string whilst also weaving your own string to make it harder for the guy behind you! Quite funny to watch!

At the end of the maze there was a guy holding a music class! Each person was given an 'instrument' to play (mainly buckets/pans etc, but also some 7L bottles, as drums!) Shocked really enjoyed this bit! Okay

(video to follow when its uploaded!)

Next was still life class! One guy was chosen to be the model and the rest of us had to do a 1 minute sketch without looking down at what you were drawing

Here the art teacher is discussing my work! Laughing

Sports lesson next, Absolut table tennis on the agenda! The aim was to keep a rally going, midway through about 100 ping pong balls were launched at us from a cannon at the top of the table!

(That's Jake on the left btw!) Okay

Next there was the story writing section, the girl was suffering from writers block, so each of the group had to provide the next line of the story which was projected onto the screen behind her as she typed, pretty dull and my least favourite bit!

Finally to the last bar for our next drink where they had a DJ playing, chose a "Limited Edition cocktail" which had Pears and Elderflower in it.

Of course I tried to bag a 7L to take home, but as mentioned above it was hard to find anyone with the authority to get me one, and when I did I was told they needed them for the final event in Edinburgh Crying or Very sad

So off we went to the after party at Mojo bar with a pocket full of drinks tokens! ))drunk))smiley))

Good times!

J4man! wrote:
Heres a video of the music session, including some drumming on the 7L glimmers at the end!

Skype MSN
Post UK meet up 
Move your discussion here guys, more appropriate  Okay

2bcorti - Admin wrote:
Move your discussion here guys, more appropriate  Okay

My fault! Embarassed

Skype MSN
Post UK meet up 
No problem Jonathan!  Okay

nathangwynmorris wrote:

This is a great idea for all the uk collectors to meet up.

Would be great to put faces to names!!!

Post UK meet up 
I'm up for it!!! Manchester sounds good to me....or Liverpool (even better)  Very Happy

Post UK meet up 
As most of u guys know that i'm not British but if you guys don't mind an outlaw then i could be there.Manchester is less than an hour drive for me Razz

Absolut Vodka Collectors

★★★★ Positive feedback : 187 ★★★★
Post UK meet up 

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation