Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Good Morning- at 11:45 am!
Post Good Morning- at 11:45 am! 
Shocked Shocked ))zzzz))smiley))

Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Good Morning and welcome from Wisconsin

Hello and welcome from New York

Hello and welcome from the UK  Very Happy

hi and welcome from Austria  Okay

CNC
Hello and welcome from Chile Okay

Hello and welcome from Denmark!

I swear this site is harder than organic chemistry was to take! I'm seeing that posting off your iPhone, just doesn't work! LOL, but I digress...

Ok, about me. I was quickly advised to introduce myself, so here goes:

Who wakes up at 11:45 am? Bartenders!!! We are a different breed of people, us lifer's! Many people work in the service industry to support themselves through college. It's really the perfect student job. Days free to go to class, Work nights to make $$, & you fit homework in there somewhere. Well, homework came before The Grove for me!! HOTTY TODDY, I'm an Ole Miss Rebel!!! If you know anything of Ole Miss, you knew when you heard The Grove, right away what I was speaking of.  Anywho, Michigan born & raised but seasoned down at University of Mississippi! I, alike many other college students, started bartending to make extra cash. Really started at 19, but didn't get my first gig till 20. I'm 36. Still bartending!! It's a crazy business, I must be insane to have stuck w/ this job for so long. Tried walking away numerous times, going legit as we call it, getting a 9-5. But, in all honesty, that life is just flat out CRAZY to me! I love the late nights, the slept through daylight, the fact that I'm around people all the time!!!
But as great as my job may be, it has it's downfalls & the reason I'm now a member of this forum. If you were to sit at my bar & order a Vodka & Cranberry juice, I have to tell you all very HONESTLY, I would not try to steer you towards Absolut. Sorry! I'm a Grey Goose, Ketel One, Stoli type of girl. But let me clarify that, I'm a talk my CUSTOMER into Grey Goose, Ketel One, & Stoli type of girl!! I don't drink at all! There are so many reasons. Maybe one day, I'll touch on that. But mostly, I like to be in control(self-admitted control freak) & can't stand the taste! But I by no means, am trying to bash Absolut. They are MARKETING GENIUSES & deserve to be one of the most recognized names in liquor! I just think their flavors & vodka are.....eh....sufficient? I mean they get the job done, right?
Ok, wrapping this up, through my many years of bartending, I also learned I have quite a knack for managing. I always liked being in control(that self admission), calling the shots, I believe I was a born leader! I'm a Leo(my fate sealed), very outgoing & always speak my mind(gets me in trouble sometimes). Thank God, I was raised by a strong single mother who taught me the right thing to do isn't always the easiest, but to never sway from my convictions. So about 70% of my managing jobs start as bartending positions. I normally get asked to move up to management after either:  a) the owner saw my work ethic, b) the manager quit & I've really kinda been so called micro-managing or c)in the early years, to shut me up(because I asked to manage, no pestered & persisted)!!
So, what brings me here, you ask? More like get to the point!! I was bartending at a Sports Bar & same old, same old opportunity arises. The manager quit & I was the next logical choice. But I made really good $$ & was not willing to give up my bar shifts, so crazy me, did both!! I didn't really have a choice, with a new car & new apartment, there's NO WAY I would be able to afford just a management salary. So, a few month's go by, I'm killing myself & now running 2 bars(Same Owner) & bartending 5 nights a week, but.....it was my routine & I think I did a damn good job at it!!
Then 3 days before my birthday this August, the owner shuts down the one bar WITHOUT ANY WARNING!! Yeah, looking back now, I should have seen a ton of red flag's but honestly didn't see it coming!! But wants me to still run the other place, so I'm ok, right? WRONG!!! This man has me move a lot of his stuff into the other bar & I just had neck surgery a year ago!! I couldn't move for 2 days! But, just keep swimming, just KEEP SWIMMING, do what you have to do! TWO WEEKS pass, no pay. He promised & promised & finally on week 3, I had had ENOUGH!! **Now little side note: This man still hasn't paid his employee's & it's been 2 1/2 months! Shame on him!!! One of my girls was homeless & has 3 kids, & has no other option but to stay for tips, with the job market being the way it is in Michigan**
But no worries, I will survive! I finally landed a job at the nicest restaurant & after 2 month's, I'm finally making some money again. But during that 2 month's, it's been rough, to say the least!!!
So what brings to this forum? Quick, clever thinking!!!My roommate's Dad is a general contractor & I know he's dealt with cleaning up bars that have been seized in the past. I told him about all the awesome things that were left behind, luck has it he is friend's with the people who owned the property. He bid the project & won. My kick back? The random stuff he doesn't know what to do with(ex: Absolut Mirrored Disco Shell's, bar mirror's & a darn Absolut condiment caddy) I get to sell on eBay to try to stay afloat!!! So in a nutshell(VERY LONG NUTSHELL), I'm here to find out what this darn contraption is:       & I guess you have to go to my other post to see it, under has anyone seen this before, lol. This site can be kinda tricky!
So, thanks for listening to my story. I have to go get ready to go sling martini's & wine in a bow tie! And I've enjoyed this so much, I'm probably going to stick around. It's almost felt therapeutic! And remember ladies & gentleman, I'm a bartender! I get a ton of free swag(what we call free promo item's) & I wish I knew this forum existed, because I can't even begin to tell you how much swag I've thrown away or gave away! But now, I know! Thanks for your time!!!

Irishgirl3011

Well, gee!! Good morning back at yah!! Pretty cool, to be told Good Morning from all over the world!! I think I'm going to hang out for a bit!!

Wow, one of the longer intros I've seen here! Laughing

hello-11dsfgwsfdga1.gif from the UK

★★★ 117 Positive Feedbacks! ★★★
Skype MSN
I know, right? Kinda went off on a tangent this morning! Haha! A good, strong cappuccino can do that, I guess! I was just going to write a few quick sentences.....& well, that just wasn't sufficient. Mind you, I was a Biology Major, Chemistry Minor & HATE English & writing! Go figure!!! I apologize if I was rambling & my introduction is too lengthy! 

Well... erm... welcome... from Italy... Wink

Ever tried decaf? Okay

Decaf=Boring & Weak!! Geez, sorry! I'll delete it! My bad!! Just trying to figure out what this item is!!

Welcome from Stockholm, Sweden.

#9 positive feedback - 100%.
Irishgirl3011 wrote:
 Decaf=Boring & Weak!! Geez, sorry! I'll delete it! My bad!! Just trying to figure out what this item is!!

no need to delete... Okay

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation