Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Absolut Vodka versus... flavor test
Post Absolut Vodka versus... flavor test 
I was at the local supermarket today, and noticed that they had a nice sale on select vodkas. I thought, why not buy the competition and test them against Absolut Vodka drool

So I got myself some famous brand names consisting of: Belvedere ($25), Grey Goose ($26), Ketel One ($22), and of course Absolut (below $20) -- 750ml bottles.

I'm not a tasting expert by any means (these are just my personal preferences)... here's how I ranked them:

#1 Belvedere
#2 Grey Goose
#3 Ketel One
#4 Absolut

Anyhow, I had some fun with this... after a while, though, it became more difficult to clearly differentiate between some of them Rolling Eyes

I'd like to hear your thoughts... any other vodkas you like?

Cheers!

Visit poster’s website
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Nice picture ...

I completely agree with your rankings :

#1 Belvedere
#2 Grey Goose
#3 Ketel One
#4 Absolut

However , Belvedere & Grey Goose are very close in my opinion.   Ketel One and Absolut don't even belong in the same taste test. They're just that far behind....

Stoli Elit is also very very good and really smooth. But thats more of a premium vodka and really doesn't fit the price rance of the other bottles.

Crystal Head is also really a nice vodka.  I'm partial to that vodka because it has production ties to my home area.  The quartz crystals that its filtered through
are from a few miles down the road from where I live.  And the bottle is a piece of artwork.

Last edited by tonycor on Thu 20 Oct - 17:53 (2011); edited 1 time in total

I love belvedere too.. it is a smooth vodka... 

Moskovskaya and Stolichnaya i've also tasted and liked... great idea for a test though! Okay

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
I was at the local supermarket today, and noticed that they had a nice sale on select vodkas. I thought, why not buy the competition and test them against Absolut Vodka drool
So I got myself some famous brand names consisting of: Belvedere ($25), Grey Goose ($26), Ketel One ($22), and of course Absolut (below $20) -- 750ml bottles.

I'm not a tasting expert by any means (these are just my personal preferences)... here's how I ranked them:

#1 Belvedere
#2 Grey Goose
#3 Ketel One
#4 Absolut

Anyhow, I had some fun with this... after a while, though, it became more difficult to clearly differentiate between some of them Rolling Eyes

I'd like to hear your thoughts... any other vodkas you like?

Cheers!

WOW i cant believe those prices!

Grey Goose here cost 75$ in my local liquor store, Belvedere 60$ and absolut over $40

MSN
Fantastic idea this is... although I would have recommended bringing Level & Elyx into it to spice things up!
for me...
1)Grey Goose is right up there at number 1... ( mainly because of its flavours)
2)Belvedere Intense Unfiltered
3)Level by Absolut
4)Chase Vodka - A must try english potato vodka
5) Christiania vodka in the states - good stuff.

in terms of same price bracket, the danzka vodkas are pretty decent for flavour & taste in terms of price.

hopefully i've persuaded you to try something other than absolut. Jesper, you've seen my vodka collection... Okay

For me I drink Vodka on the rock so any Vodka to me is the same Mr. Green

Yeah, it would probably be a more "fair" tasting test had I used Level instead of the blue label. At KK -- there's quite a difference between vodkas, not only in taste, but also viscosity and smell. As part of the collectors meeting in Berlin (photos), the Akademi program included a great tasting class where we got to compare the different vodkas shown below (tough way to start off the morning right after partying until 5am the night before... ha-ha).

Visit poster’s website
tougher on some as opposed to others... i still feel my head banging if i think about it...  Wink

ABSOLUTonio wrote:
tougher on some as opposed to others... i still feel my head banging if i think about it...  Wink

You skipped on some of the shots, didn't you? I remember you were hurting that morning  Laughing    Razz

Visit poster’s website
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
ABSOLUTonio wrote:

You skipped on some of the shots, didn't you? I remember you were hurting that morning  Laughing    Razz

Skipped? Only thing i drank that morning was water, and that was a task in itself! It was Toaster's and Thomi's fault...  Embarassed

nunu-5wdfgwfdga7.gif  My fault? Who ordered the whole shoots? Cool
))drunk))smiley))

My trading List

My Collection
absolut4ever wrote:

nunu-5wdfgwfdga7.gif  My fault? Who ordered the whole shoots? Cool
))drunk))smiley))
Embarassed It was a fun night indeed... Okay

Hey guys... Have a try on JEAN MARC XO vodka... to me the best one of all around the world... and let me tell you... I've tasted so many jejeje...

Here would be my top list....

Jean Marc XO http://www.jmxo.com/
Grey Goose
Kauffman Vodka
Wyborowa Exquisite
Nemiroff Elite (As you seen it on Lady Gaga's Bad Romance Video XD)

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation