Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Facebook Fan Page/Group for Absolut Collecting/Collectors
Post Facebook Fan Page/Group for Absolut Collecting/Collectors 
Hi everyone,

I was updating my facebook profile (trying to figure out the new timeline) and wanted to add "Absolut Collecting" to either my interests or activities section.  To my dismay I found a page has not been set up for the activity of Absolut collecting.  So, I was thinking of setting one up and then people could add it to their interests to show everyone how interesting, unique and amazing our hobby and collections are!  It would also be a central way to connect us all on facebook!

So, I was wondering a couple of things:

1) would any of you be interested in liking this page and adding it to your interests/activities/etc on your profile?

2) would any of you interact with this page (perhaps posting pictures of your collections) that can inspire other people to begin collecting?

3) would any of you be able to suggest a nice picture for the page's profile picture (the picture people see when viewing your interests, activities, or the like) - I would want a picture that you have the rights to and that represents our hobby.

4) this one is to 2bcorti / Absolut Regis' owner (i think he's the owner of the site - could be way off (still pretty green on here)) - would you mind if I linked to Absolut Regis somewhere on the page, to help drive even more traffic to your site?

5) do you guys know of a page that does this already, and would I be wasting my time making this?

Thanks everyone!!

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

We are on Facebook too www.facebook.com/pages/ABSOLUT-REGIS/115627801852965

Here is the biggest Absolut Vodka Collectors group on Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/15287803229/

and if you would like to sell or trade something then this is the place for you www.facebook.com/groups/265423080167510/

Absolut Vodka Collectors

★★★★ Positive feedback : 187 ★★★★
Personally I think there are already too many Absolut facebook pages, most of them have repeated info or trades on them.

headcoat wrote:
Personally I think there are already too many Absolut facebook pages, most of them have repeated info or trades on them.

++1+1+1+1++

Facebook is a great way to share and communicate with others guys and girls from all around the world, i personally use it everyday, and i have to confess that i like it!
In recent months we have seen many groups created on Facebook. I am not criticizing this, however, Facebook is a huge social network to meet new collectors.

What I find unfortunate is the fact that some people posting news on Facebook only, without post them on our old forum.
What I think is an error, because Facebook is perfect for rapid exchange, but it does not serve knowledge base as does our forum

Think about the new collectors who will read the groups on facebook ...
Imagine that you got to find a post that you have read in a group six months ago ... Good luck!

The nice thing about Facebook is that aspect "immediate", available everywhere, computer, phones, etc. ...
But this is not a substitute in my opinion, to a knowledge base like ours.

When I have to scroll xxxxxxxxxxx messages to find a message I was looking, it reminds me SGCOLLECT, old collectors will remember, they know what I mean! SGcollect is where it all began.
It is a web portal for collectors, based in Singapore, our friend KK had created a topic dedicated to Absolut, it was only a single subject, no ranking, no order...
It was not very convenient, and more, the moderation team was quite difficult to understand ...
It is from this point that I had the idea to create a forum dedicated to my passion, and hope that other collectors follow me, and it worked!

So the best thing i think is to share your news, pictures, infos, on facebook, AND on our forum Okay

++1+1+1+1++

Agreed Regis Okay

I agree with Pat that its a little annoying when the same info is posted in each group on Facebook,

and I also agree with Regis about the forum, I much prefer reading stuff on the forum format instead of Facebook Okay

Keep posting your finds here as well guys! Cool Laughing

★★★ 117 Positive Feedbacks! ★★★
Skype MSN
Sorry everyone - I meant more of creating a page whose purpose was to be added to people's Interests or Activities sections on their profiles (since now on your timeline people can click your Likes and see pictures of your books, movies, television, activities, interests, etc.).

The Absolut Collector's group is set aside as a group, and I do not think that could be added as an interest or activity to your profile.  I guess you could, however, add the Absolut Regis page to your profile as an interest, since it is a page and not a group.

You can always add the official Absolut FB-Page and also any national Absolut FB-Pages that are out there (Germany, France, Italy, UK, ...). It shows up under activities & interests on your FB-Profile.  Okay

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Positive Feedback: 13 (100%)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Good point, Seb!  I did end up creating a page.  I'll probably be the only member (though you can add it to your likes/interests if you want!) and its very basic right now.  If anything, its just for my own edification so I can have a nice picture in my Interests section for all my friends to see if they are looking at my Likes.  

Since there are a lot of other pages with many members, I'll probably just update the page with some pictures I take/get of different Absolut bottles and items, just so friends/family, when looking through my Likes on my profile, can check out the page and get a taste of the hobby (seeing as they normally would not go out of their way to find great sites like Absolut Regis!)

Thanks for your feedback, everybody.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation