Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >
Bottles & skins from South Africa
Post Bottles & skins from South Africa 
I thought we needed a thread for only the bottles from South Africa. We recently discover them and as there not much bottles, a thread for all is enough IMO.
Feel free to complete the thread Okay

Here are the printed 43% bottles & skins.

- 43% No Label

- 43% Blue label

(photo from Ralf aka ABSOLUT ICH.)

- 43% Bling Bling

(photo from Ti Mob on Facebook)

Now the flavored bottles with a sticker on the front :

Positivie feedback : 52
Visit poster’s website
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

43% Blue with sticker

A 43% mirror Mr. Green

43% sculpture (maybe wood ?)

Visit poster’s website
Looks like the Rock was launched in South Africa as well Wink

Visit poster’s website
Hi Sam, nice work collecting information Okay

Following members like this message:
samy060 (05/04/12), tonycor (07/04/12)
Visit poster’s website
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Hi Sam, nice work collecting information Okay

))agreed))smiley))

Can you explain again why SA has the 43% label?

Visit poster’s website MSN
dynatop wrote:
Can you explain again why SA has the 43% label?

The current South African liquor legislation insists that vodka be sold with an alcohol content of 43%. In order to import vodka into South Africa, international distillers have to produce a South Africa-specific version of their spirit, even if it's sold at 40% elsewhere.

Check out this article Okay

Last edited by J-E-S-P-E-R on Tue 10 Apr - 04:45 (2012); edited 1 time in total

Visit poster’s website
thanks Jesper, but actually the alcohol inside ABSOLUT is 40%, the same as other country, just change the printing?
or if the inside liquid is different I think the Ahus will be angry about that market.

dynatop wrote:

thanks Jesper, but actually the alcohol inside ABSOLUT is 40%, the same as other country, just change the printing?
or if the inside liquid is different I think the Ahus will be angry about that market.
No, the alcohol level is higher. I just updated my above post with a link to an article, take a look.

Visit poster’s website
thanks Jesper, so the stickers on SA bottles mean only ABSOLUT don't want to print different bottles?  confused:(

dynatop wrote:

thanks Jesper, so the stickers on SA bottles mean only ABSOLUT don't want to print different bottles?  confused:(

The alcohol contents is 43%, but the No Label sticker is incorrectly printed... it should read 43%/86 proof, not 43%/80 proof. Makes sense? Smile

Visit poster’s website
Jesper, I mean the flavors and blue with sticker on it.
If it is also 43%, I think the quantity must more than a limited Bling-Bling.  A Bling-Bling got a 43% print, but the alcohol bottles need sticker, that is weird.

I thought we decided the actual vodka inside was the same but the classification was different?

Same with the 37.5% UK bottles...

rubchin

★★★ 117 Positive Feedbacks! ★★★
Skype MSN
Just quoting some messages posted in the Insider tips thread before they got lost about the 43% South African No Label as a few members asked me about this rare bottle.

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

tonycor wrote:
2bcorti - Admin wrote:
ocsi wrote:
Is this real??750ML no label but 43%?? Neutral
http://cgi.ebay.de/Absolut-Vodka-No-Label-750-ML-/170619988251?pt=Spirituos…

Guys do you remember this auction about a 750ml NL with 43% alcihol??

The seller read the forum and he was sure that his bottle was not a fake, so he decided to contact Absolut to have an answer and he sent me this mail yesterday (I voluntary remove names):
Quote:

Hi,
I was reading in your forum that the bottle we offered
ABSOLUT VODKA No Label 750 ml (43 % alc, 80 proof)
should be a fake.
I am attaching an original mail from the ABSOLUT customer service (Mr Martin XXXXX, case #91278) that says it it a "genuine product" from South Africa.
Please be so kind and have a look at the mail from Mr Martin XXXXXX.
You can check this easily by contacting Mr XXXXX at Info@theabsolutcompany.com
I purchased three bottles at a liquor store in Cape Town ; South Africa three weeks ago.
It would kindly appreciate a correction in ABSOLUT REGIS.
Kind regards,
Wolfgang XXXXX

----- Original Message -----
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 2:43 PM
Subject: Absolut Vodka No Label 750 ml (43 % alc., 80 proof)

Regarding case #91278, Absolut Vodka No Label 750 ml (43 % alc., 80 proof)
Dear Wolfgang,
Thanks for your email and your interest in ABSOLUT VODKA.
It's a legal requirement for Vodka to be 43% in South Africa. I can assure you it's a genuine product on that basis.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Best Regards
Martin XXXXX

Consumer contacts
The Absolut Company

Really interesting don't you think? Okay

The big problem here is :

43% alcohol is not 80 Proof

43% alcohol is 86 Proo

Absolut Splash wrote:

nathangwynmorris wrote:
Alex Patrick wrote:
Absolut Splash wrote:
nathangwynmorris wrote:
Surely absolut would have known that and put it on there? They surely wouldnt of made that mistake. Its all a bit odd if you ask me :/

A percentage is an absolute number, while alcoholic proof is more tied to regulations to each country. I believe that in the USA, the maximum percentage of alcohol in spirits is 50%, therefore that is 100 proof, while in South Africa it might be 53,75% maximum, making that 100 proof and, therefore, 43% is 80 proof. I might be wrong, but I researched this some time ago, since I was curious about its meaning. In Brazil we only have "proof" info on imported beverages, as we have no regulations tied to it. Our main means of measuring the allowed alcohol quantity is by the percentage alone.

Good explanation Leo Okay

A great explanation. Thank you Leo Smile Okay

Thanks, guys. Just went on wikipedia and checked some history behind it.

"In the 18th century and until 1 January 1980, the United Kingdom defined alcohol content in terms of “proof spirit”, which was defined as the most dilute spirit that would sustain combustion of gunpowder.[1] The term originated in the 18th century, when payments to British sailors included rations of rum. To ensure that the rum had not been watered down, it was “proved” by dousing gunpowder in it, then tested to see if the gunpowder would ignite. If it did not, then the rum contained too much water and was considered to be “under proof”. It was found that gunpowder would not burn in rum that contained less than 57.15% abv. Therefore, rum that contained this percentage of alcohol was defined to have "100 degrees proof".
An alcohol content of 57.15% abv is very close to a 4:7 ratio of alcohol to the total volume of the liquid. Thus, the definition amounted to declaring that (4÷7) × 175 = 100 degrees proof spirit. From this it followed that pure, 100% alcohol had (7÷7) × 175 = 175 degrees proof spirit, and that rum containing 50% abv had (3.5÷7) × 175 = 87.5 degrees proof spirit. To convert the percentage of abv to degrees proof spirit, it was only necessary to multiply the percentage by 1.75.
The use of "proof" as a measure of alcohol content is now mostly historical. Today, liquor is sold with labels that state its alcohol content as its percentage of alcohol by volume (abv). United States law requires that liquor labels must state the percentage of alcohol by volume. The proof number may also be placed on the label, provided that it is close to the abv number.[2]
Many countries also use a measure called a standard drink. In Australia, a standard drink contains 10 g (12.67 ml) of alcohol, the amount that an average adult male can metabolise in one hour.[3] The purpose of the standard drink measure is to help drinkers to monitor and control their alcohol intake."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_proof

OK fellas, I think this explains the mystery... proof vs percentage

Okay

Visit poster’s website
J4man! wrote:

I thought we decided the actual vodka inside was the same but the classification was different?

Same with the 37.5% UK bottles...

rubchin

Oh no, the alcohol % of the contents varies. Denmark also had 37.5% some time ago  Rolling Eyes

Visit poster’s website

Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation