Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Due to high demand... Hello from Birmingham, UK
Post Due to high demand... Hello from Birmingham, UK 
Well not really high demand but two people asked me to introduce myself so

A little bit about my Absolut story...

Being from England I've always been an avid alcohol consumer Smile and I've been buying different kinds of alcohol ever since I turned 18... I'm constantly looking for THAT drink that I can trademark as my own. A few have lasted the test of time (Sailor Jerrys Original I'm looking at you) but I'm always on the look out for new flavours and combinations

Anyway I can't exactly remember when I bought my first bottle of Absolut but it would have been after several parties where I was fed up of drinking Smirnoff. I remember being excited to try it though as it was always branded to me as "premium" vodka and for the extra few £'s it costs it seemed well worth it. Now I know Absolut is not the BEST tasting vodka in the world, but from the price range and category it falls into I think it's one of the best.       

Absolut Pears was my first flavour bought in 2008 if memory serves me right. I wasn't blown away (loved the smell, the taste I wasn't massive on) but I was younger and my palate still hadn't matured. I dabbled around Absolut for a couple of years mainly buying the original but occasionally mixing it up with a flavour for a party or a gift. I once received Absolut Disco as a gift which during one party was up on the ceiling acting as a disco ball - I found my case the other week and it got got a bashing by the looks of it!

My first major step into becoming interested in collecting Absolut was when I picked up Tropics last year whilst on holiday in Spain. It was very much "OMG WHAT IT THIS OMG IT'S SAYS EXCLUSIVE I HAVE TO BUY" kind of moment, and despite knowing nothing about it, when flying to different countries I always like the make the most of buying things I can't get in the UK (I see people buying normal bottles of Barcardi etc just 'cause it's a few quid cheaper??) Anyway I loved (I know it's not a massive favourite here) the taste and smell of it which led me to investigate the other flavours.

Throughout the year, despite still not being a "collector" I picked up Raspberri (the limited edt UK version to which I have now somehow lost the glass Sad as I wasn't actually "collecting" Absolut), Apeach, and Mango all which I loved.

I officially called myself a collector after my trip to Cancun this April. Berri Acai was always a flavour of Absolut I was interested in every since I discovered it's existence and was hoping to pick up a bottle on my trip. To my delight hey sold it in Heathrow airport for a very good price but for whatever reason I decided to leave it and see what they had in Mexico. I was a little bit disappointed when I got to Mexico - there was no real big liquor shops like I found on my previously holidays and nothing there was selling anything that I couldn't get in the UK. Despite my girlfriend moaning it was too far I managed to convince her to go to Walmart as I knew I'd be able to get a good deal there. Again I was a little bit disappointed - just standard flavours you could get in the UK like Mandarin, Citron. However there was flavour I had never heard of before - Wild Tea (with that cool little hat tag, which I'm absolutely GUTTED I have lost - again due to not being a dedicated "collector") Now I stood there for a while debating whether or not to get it. I knew for a fact that I wouldn't like the flavour and it would just be a waste in my allowed alcohol allowance I would bring back. However I decided to get it as it something I had never seen in the UK (yeah NOW I know Harvey Nicholls sell it but I obv didn't know this at the time - plus it's a rip off there!) On my way back I was hoping to find Berri Acai in the DFS and much to my excitement there it was!!! But alongside it was another Absolut that I had never heard of at the time, Orient Apple. Despite wanting Berri Acai I knew it was available in the UK for a slightly rip off price at Selfridges and not knowing much about Absolut and it's flavours apart from the ones commonly sold in the UK, Orient Apple was too good to pass up.

From then on I became slightly obsessed with collection Absolut. I have since bought about 12 new bottles of Absolut and currently dying for more. I have dedicated a little display in my bedroom for my bottles and of course am regularly scouring eBay for anything Absolut related 

I feel it is important for me to say that even though I understand to be a "true collector" you collect the bottles fully sealed and never open them. However my first passion before collecting Absolut was being able to drink and mix alcohol and that's something I will continue to do. I think if I ever had the chance the own a Gustafon I couldn't resist but to crack it open and drink it despite it losing hundreds in value  Embarassed So yeah at the moment my main aim is to collect as many different flavours of Absolut and drink them. Absolut have created a great product so I don't think I could leave it unopened and untried. With Absolut London being readily available since my obsession I have obviously collected a few of those and left it unopen, along with Absolut White and Glimmer but it's no challenge when it's plain Absolut Smile

Thanks for reading my story - feel free to ask anything   

Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Hi from Northfield Smile

Hello and  smilwelcome  from the UK.I reckon yours is the longest introduction speech i've seen here   Mr. Green

Absolut Vodka Collectors

★★★★ Positive feedback : 187 ★★★★
Hi, welcome from Corsica (France) smilwelcome

I'm impatient to see your little display in your bedroom  Okay

Hello and welcome from New York.

Very nice introduction however you said one thing that is incorrect.
You said   "I feel it is important for me to say that even though I understand to be a "true collector" you collect the bottles fully sealed and never open them".
A true collector is somebody that has a love and a passion for the hobby. It has nothing to do with collecting fully sealed bottles , rare bottles , or never opening bottles.

hi and welcome from Austria Okay
I have to admit I didn´t read all Mr. Green

CNC
Welcome from France ! ... Nice introduction and story

Hello and welcome from the UK (Merseyside), nice introduction  Okay

Ha thank you everyone. It was only meant to be a short paragraph but I sort of rambled on for a little bit Very Happy

Well done to everyone who actually read it

tonycor wrote:

Hello and welcome from New York.

Very nice introduction however you said one thing that is incorrect.
You said   "I feel it is important for me to say that even though I understand to be a "true collector" you collect the bottles fully sealed and never open them".
A true collector is somebody that has a love and a passion for the hobby. It has nothing to do with collecting fully sealed bottles , rare bottles , or never opening bottles.
Oh yes I completely agree with this, I just didn't think other people would see me as a true collector. Obviously you have proven me wrong  Smile

smilwelcome from California, USA. Thanks for the interesting intro  Cool

Visit poster’s website
Hello and welcome from Italy!  Okay

Hello and welcome from France !  Smile

Nephew's Collection

Nephew's Wanted/Trading list
Hi and smilwelcome from Switzerland

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted bottles & skins:
Absolut blue Glasblasarnas

Wanted Tag's:

bling bling Colombia

Positive feedbacks: 32
smilwelcome   DramaLlama89, greeting from Singapore Okay Razz

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation