Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 6 of 6
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Official sizes of Absolut bottles
Post Official sizes of Absolut bottles 
Allright, thank you for your response ;-).
So some grocers may have several sizes of bottles, I'll remember when I'll see other shops, but there is a lot of shops like this in Paris Laughing

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

can anybody tell me why the sizes exist?
I understand they use 700/750/1L for diffrent market. then 350/375/500 the half size, the 50ml is always for every brand.
but then why there is bigger one as 1.14?  should be special law that encourage Absolut to produce those size?

thank you.

Visit poster’s website MSN
dynatop wrote:
can anybody tell me why the sizes exist? I understand they use 700/750/1L for diffrent market. then 350/375/500 the half size, the 50ml is always for every brand.
but then why there is bigger one as 1.14?  should be special law that encourage Absolut to produce those size?

thank you.

I believe that the 1.14 L bottle is based on the Canadian Imperial liter system.  You can do a google search to see the exact conversion.

the 1.14 bottle exists beacuse for some reason (don't ask me why) 1.14 L is what our goverment chose to make for the leagal import limit for returning residents.

Therefore at many duty free shops you will find a lot of diffrent liquors in this size.

Canada also has no Imperial system anymore.  This limit could be the translation from when we did have imperial to metric, but the only reason this one exists to my knolwdge is beacuse it is the exact size that we are permitted into the country

It's sold in Quebec liquor shop (SAQ)
http://www.sq.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001…

My Feedback
Da_B_Guy wrote:
the 1.14 bottle exists beacuse for some reason (don't ask me why) 1.14 L is what our goverment chose to make for the leagal import limit for returning residents.
Therefore at many duty free shops you will find a lot of diffrent liquors in this size.

Canada also has no Imperial system anymore.  This limit could be the translation from when we did have imperial to metric, but the only reason this one exists to my knolwdge is beacuse it is the exact size that we are permitted into the country

Thanks for the info ...  I didn't realize that the Imperial system was no longer used.  I think that the 1.14L was still based on that and it was never changed.

Couple of years ago absolut released some new Flavour on bordershop in germany think it was mandarin or peach and you could taste absolut for free, then i saw Absolut bottles of that flavor in 2 Liters Bottles but they where empty and asked if i could by one but no way so my question is, do 2 liters filled bottles exist??

Skype ICQ MSN
eddietheman wrote:
Couple of years ago absolut released some new Flavour on bordershop in germany think it was mandarin or peach and you could taste absolut for free, then i saw Absolut bottles of that flavor in 2 Liters Bottles but they where empty and asked if i could by one but no way so my question is, do 2 liters filled bottles exist??

never seen or heard about this before...

MSN
The bottles for sale was 1 Liter but the empty ones was 2 Liters, Then i was not an collector so i didnt care, if i was that empty bottle would be here then  Wink

Skype ICQ MSN
eddietheman wrote:
The bottles for sale was 1 Liter but the empty ones was 2 Liters, Then i was not an collector so i didnt care, if i was that empty bottle would be here then  Wink

Are you sure it wasn't a 1,75L Bottles? Never seen or heard about 2L displays too...

MSN
hehehe  no i am sure because i asked too buy it and the 1.75 the sell on the boat between denmark and germany so i recognize that one with the handle on the back but i dont remeber the flawour , it was Absolut vodka people making advertismen for the new flawour

Skype ICQ MSN
30" Kurant display bottle

Visit poster’s website
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

Thats a really really rare bottle ...  I saw a 30" Citron like this about 6 or 8 years ago at a Duty Free Shop in Texas.

tonycor wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

Thats a really really rare bottle ...  I saw a 30" Citron like this about 6 or 8 years ago at a Duty Free Shop in Texas.

I'm keeping it despite the damage... I guess it can always be placed behind other bottles... but it's still a shame to see it broken, it doesn't take much to crack the plastic.

Visit poster’s website
Wow amazing bottle Jesper!

Positive feedback: #14
Following members like this message:
J-E-S-P-E-R (24/09/12)

Reply to topic Page 6 of 6
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation