Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 3 of 5
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >
Hardest to get / Most Expensive bottles?
Post Hardest to get / Most Expensive bottles? 
A real one does not exist because it has never been produced officially in Ahus and left assembly line. I don't care if Mr. X made it or Mr.Y.
If your "real" Mirror had any certificate or signature I would share your opinion. In my opinion the only difference will be a sticker at the back.........
Glass you cant feel because if silvernitrat!

Visit poster’s website ICQ MSN
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

The mirror does the glass appears to be twice as thick..
It could also be that the old bottles had a little thicker glass.

ABSOLUT wrote:
The mirror does the glass appears to be twice as thick.. It could also be that the old bottles had a little thicker glass.

Good point Jocke ... when I get home , I will check the old style bottle and  a new bottle to see if they look the same.

It is only those who own a MIRROR who think they are real. (original)
I believe that no other collectors think, that the real MIRROR's exist.

ABSOLUT wrote:

You got my signature!

Visit poster’s website ICQ MSN
ABSOLUT wrote:

That's a ridiculous statement... how can you honestly say that?  You're basically indicating that if you don't own the bottle, you don't believe that it's real?  That's the same as if I said, I don't own the Mona Lisa painting, therefore it's not real?!?  Come on fellas, enough with the speculation.  Until someone can factually prove that the bottle is NOT real, I say it is very much a legitimate item from a collector's perspective.  What would a certificate prove anyhow... ever heard of false documents?  Same thing with a signature, it doesn't prove anything.  If one of you guys can ask around over at Absolut (and don't ask the fella who's been there for 20 or 30 years) and see if anyone can come up with a real explanation... that's what we all want (not all of this back-and-forth silly argument stuff).

Visit poster’s website
I'm gettin bored of this whole Mirror fake or not discussion...
The only thing that I know is...it is a beautiful bottle & I will buy one of those replicas..can't afford to buy a "real" mirror for 1700 & I don't think it's necessary..I'm also happy with one of the cheap bottles...even if there are some differences to the "real" bottle...

I know that this statement will not sit good with some members but I'll say how I feel anyway....

I think that they are handmade (homemade)  and there is no such thing as an "original"  . It is not recognized as an official bottle by Absolut and therefore any bottle that has that look has the right to be called a "mirror" bottle.

Until somebody proves this otherwise , I stand with my opinion.

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
If one of you guys can ask around over at Absolut (and don't ask the fella who's been there for 20 or 30 years)...

I'm just curious... Shouldn't THAT guy be the best person to ask, instead of someone who's only been there for, say 5 years?
I mean, he's got to be one of the most experienced... Or is it just that you don't want to believe that Absolut had nothing to do with it?

Jocke has a point, it's just you and Regis who say that it's a genuine bottle by Absolut (maybe someone else too, I don't remember right now), and you're the only guys who has it. At least before the so-called replicas started coming out on ebay.

You also have a point, what would a certificate prove. No one knows how it's supposed to look like, so it'll be easy to fake it.

I'm not sure if we'll ever get an real explanation. I mean, it could even have been Uncle Herbert in Oklahoma, who had too much spare time and equally amount of silver/silver-look-a-like, who made those bottles.

Bobban ... evan an employee at Absolut probably would not know this..

Its not an official bottle ....  its never been filled with vodka so why would it even come through the factory anyway ?

Its an empty bottle that somebody got "creative" with and now its called the "mirror" bottle.

The end.

bobban wrote:

it could even have been Uncle Herbert in Oklahoma

smilmdrrrrr smilmdrrrrr

tonycor wrote:
I know that this statement will not sit good with some members but I'll say how I feel anyway.... I think that they are handmade (homemade)  and there is no such thing as an "original"  . It is not recognized as an official bottle by Absolut and therefore any bottle that has that look has the right to be called a "mirror" bottle.

Until somebody proves this otherwise , I stand with my opinion.

Exactly! Okay

bobban wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
If one of you guys can ask around over at Absolut (and don't ask the fella who's been there for 20 or 30 years)...

I'm just curious... Shouldn't THAT guy be the best person to ask, instead of someone who's only been there for, say 5 years? I mean, he's got to be one of the most experienced... Or is it just that you don't want to believe that Absolut had nothing to do with it?
Jocke has a point, it's just you and Regis who say that it's a genuine bottle by Absolut (maybe someone else too, I don't remember right now), and you're the only guys who has it. At least before the so-called replicas started coming out on ebay.

You also have a point, what would a certificate prove. No one knows how it's supposed to look like, so it'll be easy to fake it.

I'm not sure if we'll ever get an real explanation. I mean, it could even have been Uncle Herbert in Oklahoma, who had too much spare time and equally amount of silver/silver-look-a-like, who made those bottles.

I could not write it better.
You have understood exactly what I meant.
Thank you bobbano.
kowtow

I was inferring that since the 30-year veteran hadn't heard about it, perhaps someone else would know something that he wasn't aware of (someone's seniority with a company does not necessarily make that person the best source – we all know that). BTW, I'm not saying that the Mirror came from Åhus directly, don't get me wrong.  It could have been part of a special commissioned project, just like the Chromes, C'N'C, Monkey/Butterfly, etc.  Those bottles never came straight out of the factory, but they're official bottles.  The lady whom I purchased the Mirror from, told me that she witnessed the bottle being made at a craft show back in the early 90s.  She didn't remember much, except that it was a very large booth, and they had some bottles on display.  It could very well have been a mom/pop operation for all we know, but as I've mentioned before, we're all just speculating.  Getting back to the point about asking around in the company, perhaps you guys can talk to someone in marketing or special events and see if they know of anything?  Perhaps I should talk to the director of marketing – I just received an email from him the other day about the Absolut Cut bottles.

BTW, I want to meet Uncle Herbert in Oklahoma... he sounds like a nice guy Okay

Visit poster’s website
TO TONY:
So Tony, if you are so sure of what you say, explain me the bottle, i never saw a bottle like that.

What is you explication???
Uncle Herbert in Oklahoma make false Absolut bottles in his garage?????

TO ALL GUYS:
Stop this crazy discussion, mirror exist, and it look like if you are jealous because you know you have a very little chance to have one....
You never doubt about the mirror, but since Jesper sell his bottle for a crazy price, you all say that this bottle is fake..... Don't you think you are not really sincere???

Reply to topic Page 3 of 5
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation