Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 4 of 5
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >
Hardest to get / Most Expensive bottles?
Post Hardest to get / Most Expensive bottles? 
2bcorti - Admin wrote:
TO TONY: So Tony, if you are so sure of what you say, explain me the bottle, i never saw a bottle like that.

What is you explication???
Uncle Herbert in Oklahoma make false Absolut bottles in his garage?????

TO ALL GUYS:
Stop this crazy discussion, mirror exist, and it look like if you are jealous because you know you have a very little chance to have one....
You never doubt about the mirror, but since Jesper sell his bottle for a crazy price, you all say that this bottle is fake..... Don't you think you are not really sincere???

big_ok.gif

Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

We know that MIRROR exist.
There are lots of them on eBay.

And to Jesper and Regis stop this crazy discussion about mirror exists.
We know.

big_he.gif

Last edited by ABSOLUT on Tue 27 Jan - 20:10 (2009); edited 1 time in total

You are not honest guys, i'm sorry to say that....

well we all know the facts so far i think we should honestly stop this until someone's got new facts !

I agree with you Tortsch.

Romero Britto is a Brazilian artist that left my country due to having a difficult time with his art. He was not largely recognized there as an artist, since there are only a few people with money that can actually afford real art, and these people would not spend money on someone that was not famous yet (sad but true).
Romero Britto then went on to live in Miami and started to sell some artwork to local art collectors/appreciators. One of Britto's most used 'canvas' were empty Absolut Vodka bottles, which he would freely paint as he felt like, with colors and his trademarked self-signature pattern. After Britto got famous in Miami and the USA, selling small pieces of art for 20 to 50 thousand dollars each, he went on to become famous wordwide. By that time, his hand painted bottles were already out there, in the hands of people that bought them when Britto was an unknown artist, therefore, without any certificate. That DOES NOT make these bottles less valuable these days. These bottles got so famous that Absolut inveted him to make the commemorative edition (or at least that's what I've heard of) in 2002, or around it.
Now, here's the thing: If the mirror was made by an artist that is unknown untill now, it should not make the bottle less valuable. Sure, it has less to do with art itself, and more to do with design, but still, the real bottles are the real thing, the replicas are just replicas, even if they look better than the original one. That goes because it is easy to copy, but whoever has the idea first is the real creator.
Now, it is true that, even if the characteristics of the original bottle are spotted, such as the old style cap and some rare seal, it makes it very easy to replicate one. But the real ones are out there, and whoever got them back in the day those came out, know they have originals.
Again, it might be very difficult to spot a real one from a replica if they start producing it in the same fashion, but is not for the lack of a certificate that makes the original ones unreal.
My guess is, whoever knows that have a real one, stick to it. Those who never found the real one before, might be just buying fakes right now, so chill out and pay for a fake.

From the ones that I've seen, I believe that only Jesper and Regis have the real thing. I haven't seen Tony's yet, but I believe he has one (since he has pretty much everything from Absolut). But that's just my opinion. I know that I don't have a real one, and once I saw replicas being made, and the discussion on this board, I figured out I'll never have the real one for sure, so I'll be more than happy to have my own Mirror bottle, made by a friend that works with glass back in Brazil. I know it is not going to be the real thing, and I won't try to make it pass as one, but it will be a fine adition for my future display.

Sorry about all these lines here, but I just wanted to give my point of view. Hope I don't offend anyone, this is not my intention.

Visit poster’s website Skype AIM MSN
Very well written... thanks for taking the time to share your opinion.  I agree with the posts above, let's stop the bickering and wait for the facts to come out... after all, that's what we all want, right fellas Wink

PS.  Don't forget our friend David... he also has the "real" Mirror.

Visit poster’s website
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

Very well written... thanks for taking the time to share your opinion.  I agree with the posts above, let's stop the bickering and wait for the facts to come out... after all, that's what we all want, right fellas Wink

PS.  Don't forget our friend David... he also has the "real" Mirror.
Yes, Jesper. I haven't seen any other because I haven't went thought everyone's collection in here. All I remember was yours and Regis (Regis' was also the first one I've ever seen). And I know there are some other collectors that might have it.

Visit poster’s website Skype AIM MSN
2bcorti - Admin wrote:
TO TONY: So Tony, if you are so sure of what you say, explain me the bottle, i never saw a bottle like that.

What is you explication???
Uncle Herbert in Oklahoma make false Absolut bottles in his garage?????

TO ALL GUYS:
Stop this crazy discussion, mirror exist, and it look like if you are jealous because you know you have a very little chance to have one....
You never doubt about the mirror, but since Jesper sell his bottle for a crazy price, you all say that this bottle is fake..... Don't you think you are not really sincere???

Regis ... everything that I say about this bottle is only my opinion.  
I am probably the most opinionated poster here on the forum.
I respect everybodys right to have an opinion on this bottle and if later somebody proves me wrong , I  will be the first to say that I was wrong and tell the whole forum this.

What is the Facts you are waiting on?
If absolut has anyting to do with the mirror?
Or is it just an old school prodject that went well?
Ive been digging and put the question to the senior staff members to solve.
Non of them knew anything About this bottle and the have been with the company since the begining of the Absolut Era. (more then 40 years)
They are trying to find an answer to the puzzel.We can only wait and see if they can strait this out.

The only thing we know thats ITS A DAMN GOOD LOOKING BOTTLE

PS. ive given them the question about the american too.. so in the meen time,keep on collecting. Okay DS

There will never be a way to find out if Jesper's , Davids and Regis's bottles were all made by the same person .
I don't think this mystery will ever be solved with so little information.
Again , my opinion only.

hey guys just wondering since we are the topic of most hardest and expenise bottle topic, do u think is worth to pay so much just for some normal bottle but with special design or by some artist? I after you get the bottle, u kept it for a few yrs r u planning to sell it off?

^I'll keep mine - no intention to sell it again

Me too, ain't selling mine.  I purchased it as a collector's piece and not for monetary gains.

Visit poster’s website
Got another Question. Not sure if it's been asked before, and thought i'd just throw it in here.

But why is it That Pears, APeach, Raspberry and Blue are the only ones that get made into the special skins.

ie. the silver masquerades, Isotherme and shakers.
Ok blue fair enough because it's the original, but the others?

And why is it Apeach is usually the harder one to get and always more expensive?

Reply to topic Page 4 of 5
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation