Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Taking care of your collection.
Post Taking care of your collection. 
Hello every Absolut lover,

I have this question and i would like to listen your method in taking care for your Absolut bottles, especially second skin like Bling Bling, Disco, Masquarede (which have a very fragile shinny surface). I am wondering how do you maintain/clean/taking care of those bottle and casing? Or do you clean it often? Or some of you just like me, I will still keep the bubble wrap or plastic on the display! I think this sounds funny!!!

Cheers,
empress

MSN
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

hello empress,
my collection is packed in bubblewrap at the moment..i save a little money for a fitting display. Okay

I place them on the shelf, quite simple

cleaning dust or fingerprints can be done with any towel, just don't rub too much like that french lady which wanted to sell me the Salt&Peppar set ... before shippign she cleaned the small bottles and ripped of half the writing Rolling Eyes Embarassed Surprised ------------------ got the moeny back

Here are my suggestions -- ideally, showcase your collection inside a glass cabinet (which you can close of to reduce dust build up).  Also, when you do clean, use a microfiber cloth (just like you'd use on your flat panel TV), and refrain from using chemicals on plastics (it may cause discoloration).  For glass surfaces (like your bottles), most glass cleaners will do... just be careful not to get any moisture on any labels, etc. which may come off or peal if exposed to condensation or liquids.  If you need to remove sticky residue left behind from price tags, etc. on your glass items, use something like Goof Off.

For general cleaning, I use lukewarm water with a tiny bit (just a couple of drops) of hand dish wash liquid detergent.

Visit poster’s website
Post Taking care of your collection... 
Thanks everyone! nice tips and thanks for sharing this!

I dont really have a proper display yet, all i have is this bookshelf that i had for a long time, here is an old photo of mine of how i display my bottles, but i have more bottle now, and the whole rack is just messy and dusty Razz

I put back the plastic for Bling-Bling right after i took this picture, cas it just too hard to maintain. I think the dust is killing.

Thanks J-E-S-P-E-R, i will give your method a try. Nice tips!

Polarvids, yeah, i hate finger print too!!! I almost to thinking to wear a glove! haha. But lucky that you could get your money back!

DOM, i think i will still put my bottle or cases in the bubble wrap just for sure. Like the shakers i got it from Tony, it just too expensive that i want to keep the mint condition. Smile  

MSN
Another useful cleaner is to use a nonflammable compressed gas duster to blow away dust...

perfect on items like the masquerades where a hand towel or cloth may catch the little shiny sequins.  You should be careful wrapping and unwrapping your items as this may scratch the surface.  I don't bother leaving things wrapped up... I want to see my collection, not keep it stored away somewhere.  The best solution -- get yourself a proper enclosed display cabinet.
Okay

Visit poster’s website
polarvids wrote:

I place them on the shelf, quite simple

cleaning dust or fingerprints can be done with any towel, just don't rub too much like that french lady which wanted to sell me the Salt&Peppar set ... before shippign she cleaned the small bottles and ripped of half the writing Rolling Eyes Embarassed Surprised ------------------ got the moeny back

----

Incorrect... do NOT use any towel. For instance, paper towel can easily scratch.  Also, make sure your towels are clean... ideally, use lint free microfiber cloths.

Visit poster’s website
got some problem with the disco bottle though. placed a brand new mint condition on a shelf and never touch it at all. Recently, i went to check the bottle and found that certain parts seemed to have 'oxidised'. The silver color came off. Mad

h-2-o wrote:
got some problem with the disco bottle though. placed a brand new mint condition on a shelf and never touch it at all. Recently, i went to check the bottle and found that certain parts seemed to have 'oxidised'. The silver color came off. Mad

Well, you have a LOT of humidity in Singapore... I bet your tins are starting to rust, right?  I remember you said that even the bottle caps on your Cut bottles would rust unless you oiled them up, right? Luckily we have dry heat here in Northern California, so I don't have to worry about this.

Visit poster’s website
Post taking care of your collection. 
h-2-o wrote:

I have the same problem, h2o! I think its the climate in Singapore! I just find that its very dusty and humid. I don't even dare to unwrap my bling bling plastic bag!

MSN
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
h-2-o wrote:

Well, you have a LOT of humidity in Singapore... I bet your tins are starting to rust, right?  I remember you said that even the bottle caps on your Cut bottles would rust unless you oiled them up, right? Luckily we have dry heat here in Northern California, so I don't have to worry about this.

Jesper, do you think a proper enclosed display cabinet help?

MSN
I don't know, the humidity will still get in there... but at least you'll have less dust to deal with.

Visit poster’s website
keep the bottles in cool place where there's no direct sunlight. it shld reduce the damage.

basically the only way u can completely stop rusting, oxidising in singapore is to purchase a dry cabinet, my friend. u noe those dry cabinet they use to put camera lenses? yeap. if not nothing much can help. my disco is also "decomposing"

Could you possibly use dessicant silica gel packets around where ever you store them

Such as these:
http://www.thefind.com/pets/info-desiccant-silica-gel

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation