Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 3 of 5
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >
Absolut Logo
Post Absolut Logo 
Kipper wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Kipper wrote:
thanks alot my friend :]

Okay   I know that you're also looking for the font type, but I don't think anyone knows exactly what they use.

Thanks Jesper
Anychance you can help me also with Absolut 100  & Selfridges Logos?!

Perhaps close-up shots help?

Visit poster’s website
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Post Absolut Logo 
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Kipper wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Okay   I know that you're also looking for the font type, but I don't think anyone knows exactly what they use.

Thanks Jesper

Perhaps close-up shots help?

Jesper Thanks alot for your help my friend
anychance you can help me with the text of the selfridges?!

Post Absolut Logo 
I was wondering if you could get a good result from scanning the bottle so that you would (hopefully) get a flat image rather than in perspective like the photos.

But the only way I can think of would be to roll the bottle along the (flatbed) scanner which I guess would look wavy and a bit rubbish.

The other option is the other type of scanner which is designed to be moved, but not sure how they work?

I'll try scanning a Selfridges case in the morning!

Okay

★★★ 117 Positive Feedbacks! ★★★
Skype MSN
Post Absolut Logo 
j4man! wrote:
I was wondering if you could get a good result from scanning the bottle so that you would (hopefully) get a flat image rather than in perspective like the photos.

But the only way I can think of would be to roll the bottle along the (flatbed) scanner which I guess would look wavy and a bit rubbish.

The other option is the other type of scanner which is designed to be moved, but not sure how they work?

I'll try scanning a Selfridges case in the morning!

Okay
Photoshop is a better solution, but you'll never get perfect results.  Check out this article on how to de-spherize a cylindrical image.

Visit poster’s website
Post Absolut Logo 
Ive tried to do that :\
Working with photoshop
it takes hours to clean all the yellow backround and seperate the text :\
And it still never comes out clean text :\

Post Absolut Logo 
Send a mail to Absolut and ask them!!!

Kipper wrote:

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Thanks Jesper

Kipper, mind if I ask what are you up to?
Check it, even if Absolut eventually releases a font for it's typeface on the description, there's always a lot of work in kearning it right, not to mention the other simpler adjustments.
For whatever you are trying to do, I believe the best solution would be to take many pictures of the bottle, keeping the camera on the tripod, spinning the bottle to get the flattest picture of each part, then use the proportions as a guide and create a montage with each flat part on top of it.
This will still be raster, to get a really good material you would need to pentoolit out! I am very experienced in this, but I think I'd be like this when I finish: old

Visit poster’s website Skype AIM MSN
Post Absolut Logo 
Absolut Splash wrote:
Kipper wrote:

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Thanks Jesper

Check it, even if Absolut eventually releases a font for it's typeface on the description, there's always a lot of work in kearning it right, not to mention the other simpler adjustments.
For whatever you are trying to do, I believe the best solution would be to take many pictures of the bottle, keeping the camera on the tripod, spinning the bottle to get the flattest picture of each part, then use the proportions as a guide and create a montage with each flat part on top of it.
This will still be raster, to get a really good material you would need to pentoolit out! I am very experienced in this, but I think I'd be like this when I finish: old

lol-1b7fdgfdga.gif lol-1b7fdgfdga.gif smilmdrrrrr

MSN
Post Absolut Logo 
Absolut Splash wrote:
Kipper wrote:

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Thanks Jesper

hehe honestly i didnt understand anything hehe i really dunno what to do :]
Look up in my collection tomorrow :]

Post Absolut Logo 
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Hey Guys 
Anychance To Get This Pic
Just with a Better Quality?!?!
Anyone!!!
Thanks
BTW .PSD File Will Be Much Better!!! 

Exclamation I posted a link to a hi-res version of the logo (eps file format) in this thread.

... and here's another hi-res version (eps file format) for the blue font logo on white background.  Link

looks like this one below

Visit poster’s website
Post Absolut Logo 
FYI -- article on Absolut's typefaces.  

Note: The "Absolut Vodka" text is Futura Extra Black Condensed BT.  The "Country of Sweden" and text underneath was written by a man named Kotte Jönsson (the exact font type is not publicly listed). The Edwardian Script ITC font is probably the closest match.

Futura Condensed Extra Black
ITC Edwardian Script

TIP: The difference between a Typeface and a Font - "Helvetica" is a typeface, whereas "Helvetica bold" and "Helvetica italic" are both considered separate fonts which offer stylistic variations of that typeface. Check this Font Guide for further information.

Visit poster’s website
Post Absolut Logo 
Didn't really have a place for logos, so I'd thought uploading it here would be alright.

Visit poster’s website
Post Absolut Logo 
Sure we have a place for logos my friend!
I move your post here Okay

Just reading this thread. But back when I was editor of a collectors newsletter some 15 years ago we were a force behind having programs to add future extra bold condensed as a standard available font. Absolut was so much easier back in the day lol

Post logo , freestyle 
hi any one know were i can find a decent pic of thr freestyle to see all the front of the bottle in hi res thanks so much 

Visit poster’s website
Post Absolut Logo 

Reply to topic Page 3 of 5
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation