Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >
How did you first get involved with Absolut collecting?
Post How did you first get involved with Absolut collecting? 
I ofthn had fun evenigs with friends and the bottles started adding up Smile

And than i started to go fore some special bottles that i found - this was about 2 years ago...

And i still enjoy to collect them Mr. Green

I've been colleting absolut itens for 18 months.
I saw 4 bottles in a row in an argentinean male clothing store.  I just love it! Okay

when i was 15 my friend gave me an empty raspberri bottle that his brother and friends drank at their home..
Than Few months later another friend of mine bought the absolut vanillia and i also took it...
I had the raspberri vanilia and blue lable all 750ml...
2years ago my last girlfriend was in polin and bought me the absolut 5mini flavours pack in the DFS
Since than slowly slowly i started getting the flavours and in the last 3-4months i started to collect more bottles :}

I'm a newborn collector, just about 2 months.  A friend brought me an Absolut 100 Black from a trip to Argentina, because vodka it's my favorite drink. It became the favorite os some friends of mine, too because of my influence (I'm an advertiser Very Happy ). Some time later I saw the brazilian editions, I thought they were nice I but didn't buy them Rolling Eyes . And then I saw the disco, and finally I was enlightened.

Post How I got started collecting Absolut Vodka 
I started collecting Absolut Vodka ads in the early to mid 1980s when Absolut ads were starting to appear in Magazines. I notices different ads and so I started to rip them out of magazines and put them on my walls and in binders.
Now I have over 6 binders full of Absolut ads (1200+).  I just started collecting Absolut bottles and 2nd skin recently in the last few months.

Yahoo Messenger MSN
I'm a newbie collector. Just a month now.

I had found out about collecting and that people did it a few months ago when i was in Norway. I was doing a day trip into Sweden to get some alcohol as it is a lot cheaper then to buy in Norway. Prior to leaving my cousin mentioned to look and see if they have some Absolut bottle that looks like a disco ball. I never saw any but i decided to look it up on the internet and that is when i came across all the collectors and how much there was. However because i was travelling and was using my money for that i never thought about starting.

Then when i eventually came home to Oz a mate of mine asked me if i was not going to use my quota for duty free alcohol when i got back here if i could get him something. So while i was looking for his drink i just came across a 1Litre masquerade and at that moment i thought, well why not give the collecting a go and bought it and so now i am here.

Post DAMN! this is addictive... 
I'm sure this is with all things that people collect, but here goes my feelings.

You know, when I had originally first started collecting Absolut, I was thinking it would be cool to get all the regular flavors in the 750mL size...  Then I picked up a disco, and thought I wonder how many other skins they've made.  Soon enough I was searching the internet for different sizes, skins, etc...  I find that there are quite a few special edition items, and other miscellanous things.  Boy, it's just all downhill from there.  I find this site after stumbling across pics of Jesper's collection on google.  And now here I am, I've only been here a few weeks, but I've added probably 15 different items in that time. 

The last couple weeks I've been trying to convince myself that I should only collect bottles, and not spend too much money on other items, because nobody could ever collect everything Absolut, it's been around too long and there is too much stuff.  Since then, I know have non-bottle items on the way to me from China, Germany, and the UK.  And if that was bad enough I have now begun to collect some ads.  I told myself that I will only collect really cool ones that I can frame and make look somewhat classy with my collection.

But seeing how my addictive personality mixed with my love for Absolut and the endless items you can find, I'm sure this is never going to end.  I'm not talking myself up or anything because I know that there are those of you on this site and others who are not on here that have been collecting for years and decades even.  So I'm sure my collection might not ever reach that extent, but I'm sure I'll push it as far as it can go with my financial limitations.

Ok, I want to thank anyone who made it through my rambling.  And just deemed it appropriate to let out my feelings because I have noticed myself becoming consumed with Absolut more than ever before.  I don't think it's a bad thing... yet.  We will find out.

I have respect for all the people I have met here so far, we share a common bond however silly it may seem to others, but thanks everyone (especially Regis) for everything, and for being as crazy about this stuff or more than I am.

Anyone feel the same way I do?  (some of you need not answer, i'm sure that if you have thousands of ads, a shitload of bottles, and everything else, it's already apparant to the rest of us that you are an addict!)

Smile

Over 200 positive and 0 negative forum feedback,
Over 300 positive feedback on Ebay 100%
Visit poster’s website
DOM?! Very Happy

Visit poster’s website ICQ MSN
I understand you my friend, but due to financial limitations I collect only bottles and skins!!! At least by now...

MSN
for me it's just bottles and skins too. Maybe one day when i get my own place and have a bar then i may look for other items to spruce it up. 

Oh yes, it's definitely addictive... luckily my wife approves "most" of my purchases... but I really need to stop buying little knick knacks and stick to the bottles and skins... I'm literally running out of display space.
Wink
Enjoy your weekend Okay

Visit poster’s website
Prophecy wrote:

I'm sure this is with all things that people collect, but here goes my feelings.

You know, when I had originally first started collecting Absolut, I was thinking it would be cool to get all the regular flavors in the 750mL size...  Then I picked up a disco, and thought I wonder how many other skins they've made.  Soon enough I was searching the internet for different sizes, skins, etc...  I find that there are quite a few special edition items, and other miscellanous things.  Boy, it's just all downhill from there.  I find this site after stumbling across pics of Jesper's collection on google.  And now here I am, I've only been here a few weeks, but I've added probably 15 different items in that time. 

The last couple weeks I've been trying to convince myself that I should only collect bottles, and not spend too much money on other items, because nobody could ever collect everything Absolut, it's been around too long and there is too much stuff.  Since then, I know have non-bottle items on the way to me from China, Germany, and the UK.  And if that was bad enough I have now begun to collect some ads.  I told myself that I will only collect really cool ones that I can frame and make look somewhat classy with my collection.

But seeing how my addictive personality mixed with my love for Absolut and the endless items you can find, I'm sure this is never going to end.  I'm not talking myself up or anything because I know that there are those of you on this site and others who are not on here that have been collecting for years and decades even.  So I'm sure my collection might not ever reach that extent, but I'm sure I'll push it as far as it can go with my financial limitations.

Ok, I want to thank anyone who made it through my rambling.  And just deemed it appropriate to let out my feelings because I have noticed myself becoming consumed with Absolut more than ever before.  I don't think it's a bad thing... yet.  We will find out.

I have respect for all the people I have met here so far, we share a common bond however silly it may seem to others, but thanks everyone (especially Regis) for everything, and for being as crazy about this stuff or more than I am.

Anyone feel the same way I do?  (some of you need not answer, i'm sure that if you have thousands of ads, a shitload of bottles, and everything else, it's already apparant to the rest of us that you are an addict!)

Smile

Move your post her.
Really thank you for the king words!
I'm like you, i have the impression it will never end!!!

my first ever bottle was the absolut Kurant i got in 2005. i bought it and gave it to my elder brother as his 21st birthday gift.
my first ever 2nd skin was the absolut bling bling i got in 2006 from the DFS, and then i started collecting absolut vodka.

that partially explain my favourite bottle and 2nd skin =p

Post What was your 1st ever Absolut bottle and when did u start? 
I am just wondering if everyone could post their first ever bottle in their collection and how long they have been crazy about Absolut? Rolling Eyes
I'll go first

My first bottle was the Raspberri shaker and started collecting january 2009 Mr. Green

Absolut Vodka Collectors

★★★★ Positive feedback : 187 ★★★★
i guess my first bottle was Kurant - i bought it shortly after christmas 2008. the bottly is empty  Mr. Green  but i still have it!

\\ 18 positive feedbacks

Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation