Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page: <  1, 2
ARDAGH GLASS in Limmared
Post ARDAGH GLASS in Limmared 
Had A chat with a freind the other day on my brekfast.
We talked about absolut bottles and selling and prices.
He told me when he was in Bad gastine ,Österreich last year.
In one of the local shops there were Freestyle bottles still on the shelfs.
When i told him how much u can get for one bottle he almost fainted.. Mr. Green

So people.. Good Luck hunting them down...
grats to all of u that can speak german.. it makes it all alot simpler.

should have put this post in tips for regis.. but ive forgot.. mayby some one can move it.

Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

woot jump Lets go guys.

* No Label 750ml
* Coolpack Raspberri/Apeach
-----------------------------------------------
MSN
sorry.. the town was not bad gastine.. it was  Zell am See

okey  ))green2))smiley

* No Label 750ml
* Coolpack Raspberri/Apeach
-----------------------------------------------
MSN
Speaking of bottle production, I thought this was interesting --

Several labeling technologies are used for the Absolut bottles such as:

Etching (Absolut Citron)
Coating (Absolut Raspberri/Ruby Red)
Applied Ceramic Labeling (Absolut Blue/Pears/Red/Black).

Applied Ceramic Labeling (Silkscreening) is a process where ceramic inks are screen printed directly onto the bottle. The bottle is then heated to fuse the ink to the surface, creating a permanent decoration.

Limmareds Glassworks (Sweden's oldest glassworks in operation dating back to 1740) is the manufacturer of the Absolut Vodka bottle.  The glassworks was bought by PLM in 1965, which in turn, was acquired by Rexam in 1999. In 2007, Rexam sold its entire glass business (Rexam Glass) to Ardagh Glass.

Visit poster’s website
@ Jesper : Interesting facts there, so that explains why some real old style bottle have the word embossed "PLM" behind the bottle Okay      Razz

Vintage wrote:
@ Jesper : Interesting facts there, so that explains why some real old style bottle have the word embossed "PLM" behind the bottle Okay      Razz

That's correct KK  Razz

Visit poster’s website
@ Jesper : I currently only have 2 bottles at the moment with the word "PLM" behind Mr. Green

Vintage wrote:
@ Jesper : I currently only have 2 bottles at the moment with the word "PLM" behind Mr. Green

I've got several "PLM" bottles with different font types for the letters  Razz

Visit poster’s website
@ Jesper : Bottles with "PLM" usually is very old bottle and they cost a lot of money Wink

Bottles with PLM in the bottom does´nt have to be very old, It´s just a few years ago when I did see it last time.
It took very long until we had changed all our molds

Hey Michael (Junk), perhaps you can shed some light on this?  Was Orrefors a key player in the original Absolut Vodka bottle design and that the U.S. distributor of Absolut refused to acknowledge this information?  I read this article and decided to contact Mr. Portnoy... here's his reply to me (I removed some of his "stronger" comments for privacy reasons):

I wrote that piece quite some time ago... As I remember it, I was at the Orrefors factory in Orrefors Sweden in the early 80's working on new designs for the USA market. I was VP Marketing at the time of Orrefors NA I discovered an Absolut looking bottle design and brought up the discussion with both a senior designer and administrative manager. I was told indeed the original designs for the brand were done by Orrefors but since the brand was not a big deal in Sweden nothing was done about it ...from a marketing point of view. I was able some months later to get a meeting at Carillon Importers in NY with its then head guy, Michelle Roux. He dismissed my information as all bogus. My feeling was he was riding a major high with Absolut at the time and had no use for sharing any limelight with Orrefors. He was surrounded by an entourage of people in his office...this I clearly remember. Thus, Orrefors US was never able to use this information despite its accuracy.

I followed up, asking if he knew of anyone that I could contact at Orrefors, etc.  His response was:

Don't have answers to any of your questions. I have been gone so long from the company, I do not know anyone there anymore. I asked that same question while there but was told there was no official relationship with the Vodka company..not even sure how the design request came about. Yes, it would have been great PR...that was my goal, but I never was given a satisfactory answer and I dropped it given no support from my colleagues over there. It was like it wasn't a big deal and not worth their time...

Visit poster’s website
Sorry, I have no idea but it´s not impossible.
And I dont think that ther is any to ask about it at Ardagh
On the other hand, the design of the Absolut-bottle is almost the same as an old medicin-bottles

Junk wrote:
Sorry, I have no idea but it´s not impossible.
And I dont think that ther is any to ask about it at Ardagh
On the other hand, the design of the Absolut-bottle is almost the same as an old medicin-bottles

It's an interesting bit of trivia... too bad that we'll probably never know the real truth  Neutral

Visit poster’s website
Ardagh head office is in Dublin!! Shocked Erm why didnt anyone mention this before????

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page: <  1, 2

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation