Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >
How to safely remove a bottle seal
Post How to safely remove a bottle seal 
I searched and didn't find a thread regarding this topic, although I'm sure it has been discussed somewhere.  I have been sent empty bottles where the seal has been removed gently and then can be put back on to the bottle giving it the appearance of a 'sealed' bottle for display.

How is this done.  I don't want to try it without asking, as I don't have any bottles currently that I plan to open and drink (I need to go to the store for more 100, hahaha)

Thanks everyone

Over 200 positive and 0 negative forum feedback,
Over 300 positive feedback on Ebay 100%
Visit poster’s website
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Interesting topic Josh. I am interested to know as well. I also saw in some other posts members talking about getting a bottle resealed? Is this possible and who can do it? Is it done with an official Absolut seal?

MSN
Here's what you do... take a razor blade and cut very carefully along the stippled line in the seal.  You'll end up scratching the cap, so take the plastic seal off a bottle that you're not going to keep.  Once you've cut all the way down along the stippled line, carefully remove the seal without bending it too much.  Next step is to take the bottle that you want to "seal" and just pop it on.  You'll have to look closely to notice that it's a broken seal, but in most cases this will do.  Just turn the cut side away from the front so that when you're looking at the bottle, the seal looks uncut from the front.  There you have it!

Okay

Here's an example... remember, this is a very close-up shot.  Here you can see the slit in the back, but from the front it looks perfect!

Last edited by J-E-S-P-E-R on Fri 5 Jun - 03:20 (2009); edited 1 time in total

Visit poster’s website
Thanks very much Jesper for the tip...  I will be attempting this soon and let you know how it goes Smile

and thanks for the pic

Visit poster’s website
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Here's what you do... take a razor blade and cut very carefully along the stippled line in the seal.  You'll end up scratching the cap, so take the plastic seal off a bottle that you're not going to keep.  Once you've cut all the way down along the stippled line, carefully remove the seal without bending it too much.  Next step is to take the bottle that you want to "seal" and just pop it on.  You'll have to look closely to notice that it's a broken seal, but in most cases this will do.  Just turn the cut side away from the front so that when you're looking at the bottle, the seal looks uncut from the front.  There you have it!
Okay

Here's an example... remember, this is a very close-up shot.  Here you can see the slit in the back, but from the front it looks perfect!

Good tip Jesper ... definately the best way to "reseal" an open bottle.

i send a 700ml bottle to you with an opened seal..remember?

Great tip Jesper. I will try it out. Okay

MSN
i think josh is asking, how to seal a bottle and this one looks like an origin??

yes Torba, that was my end goal.  But like Jesper said, be careful not to bend the seal, and I should be able to get it
on to another bottle for that 'sealed' look

I'll let you know how it goes

Visit poster’s website
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

Okay

Josh thats how i did it with your 100 bottle i sent you its really easy  Okay  but looks really good

try it with a carpet knife (thats how we call them in Germany) and than don't use the please like on the picture where it would usually open and put some tesa tape that should do even better 

advantage is you will have a cleaner cut you can hide very well

Tortsch wrote:
try it with a carpet knife (thats how we call them in Germany) and than don't use the please like on the picture where it would usually open and put some tesa tape that should do even better 

advantage is you will have a cleaner cut you can hide very well

A carpet cutter is not fine enough... you'll need to use a razor blade.  If done correctly, the seal with stay on securely when it's popped back onto another bottle... believe me, it works like a charm.  Ultimately, you could take a heating element and see if you can melt the plastic together somehow, but my suspicion is that the plastic will curl up (possibly discolor as well) rather than soften, and you also risk destroying the cap.  In my opinion, that's overkill.

Visit poster’s website
When I open my bottles , I always save the seals.  I use this blade called the X-acto and its really really sharp and works great.

http://www.xacto.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=170

tonycor wrote:
When I open my bottles , I always save the seals.  I use this blade called the X-acto and its really really sharp and works great.

http://www.xacto.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=170

Yep, that'll work  Okay

Visit poster’s website
Forgotten topic here?

Well, if just cutting will do the trick, that's fine. A fine X-Acto, like Tony said, will be just fine.
But I know you can buy the real seals. They're usually available in various standard sizes, and are just a little plastic tube. Then you fit it on the bottle neck, leaving the right amount on top of the cap, and shrink it with a heat gun (from far, if it is a big one).
There you have it. Now, the ones I know they sell won't come with the "ABSOLUT", or the "Country of Sweden" on it...

Although I believe a seal cannot be taken off and put back on without showing it was violated, I know there are ways to 'fake' the Absolut seal, and I wouldn't be shocked to find out that it's been done before.

Visit poster’s website Skype AIM MSN

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation