Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
What would you do?
What would you do?

Stop collecting? 58% 58% ( 17 )
Start all over again? 41% 41% ( 12 )

Total Votes : 29
Post What would you do? 
If your complete collection was stolen or totally destroyed in a fire or something similar?

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Post What would you do? 
STOP !
Sure !! It's so expensive... Neutral

Visit poster’s website
Post What would you do? 
Nice jocke, I was thinking too at the same question before.

If it was stole I'll be very bad , maybe it is a absolut collector too
... think now about the fire, I don't know if the bottles explose in fire but after there will not looking good,
and again a flooding think about all the water go away with your bottles / skins ... and the destination of them is 30 miles at your home,
or go to the sea Shocked

It's not very easy to find the answer for me but when I'll have it don't worry I'll vote !

MSN
Post What would you do? 
A good idea is to insure your collection on your homeowners policy. 
I would bet that Jesper has a separate ryder on his insurance policy for his collection.

Post What would you do? 
tonycor wrote:
I would bet that Jesper has a separate ryder on his insurance policy for his collection.

I don't, but it sounds like a good idea.  However, the overall value is not HUGE... I'd be very sad, though, about not being able to find some of the items again.  I should check and see what my homeowner's insurance covers... thanks for bringing it up!

Visit poster’s website
Post What would you do? 
Some items are irreplaceable regardless, so I would recommend adding additional insurance.  I would probably start over though, even though it would be sad.  In reference to the insurance guys, I do have additional insurance on my Absolut collection, and some other various collectables that are valuable to us.  better safe than sorry.  It's worth the extra couple bucks a year on my insurance.  I think all together for all my 'collectables' that we have itemized on our insurance it's like an extra $12 every six months.  Our basic insurance plan covers most things, but the additional stuff is nice to have in my opinion

Over 200 positive and 0 negative forum feedback,
Over 300 positive feedback on Ebay 100%
Visit poster’s website
Post What would you do? 
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
tonycor wrote:
A good idea is to insure your collection on your homeowners policy.  I would bet that Jesper has a separate ryder on his insurance policy for his collection.

I don't, but it sounds like a good idea.  However, the overall value is not HUGE... I'd be very sad, though, about not being able to find some of the items again.  I should check and see what my homeowner's insurance covers... thanks for bringing it up!

Jesper ...  while the value might be "huge"  , you do not use the actual cost that you paid for any of your collection.
Follow me on this ...   lets say for easy round #'s that your whole collection is worth  $1000usd.
Thats the amount that you paid cash out of pocket for all your bottles/items/collectibles.

That $1000 is not the value of your collection.  When insuring , you insure for the replacement value not what you paid for them.  So while you might have only paid $1000 , the replacement value is really much much more.  If you paid $1000 for your collection , it should be insured for current market value (replacement value) and should have a value of what you think it would really cost if you had to buy them again.   In this case , your insured value should be more like  5 X's what you actually paid because its unlikely some bottles could ever be replaced.

You will probably need a seperate ryder to insure your collection.   While I don't have my collection insured , I do have a separate ryder for items like my watch collection , my gun collection and some jewelery. 

Post What would you do? 
tonycor wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
tonycor wrote:
A good idea is to insure your collection on your homeowners policy.  I would bet that Jesper has a separate ryder on his insurance policy for his collection.

Jesper ...  while the value might be "huge"  , you do not use the actual cost that you paid for any of your collection.
Follow me on this ...   lets say for easy round #'s that your whole collection is worth  $1000usd.
Thats the amount that you paid cash out of pocket for all your bottles/items/collectibles.

That $1000 is not the value of your collection.  When insuring , you insure for the replacement value not what you paid for them.  So while you might have only paid $1000 , the replacement value is really much much more.  If you paid $1000 for your collection , it should be insured for current market value (replacement value) and should have a value of what you think it would really cost if you had to buy them again.   In this case , your insured value should be more like  5 X's what you actually paid because its unlikely some bottles could ever be replaced.

You will probably need a seperate ryder to insure your collection.   While I don't have my collection insured , I do have a separate ryder for items like my watch collection , my gun collection and some jewelery. 

Good suggestions, Tony... I'll need to look further into it at some point. Thanks!

Visit poster’s website
Post What would you do? 
tony show us your gun collection Mr. Green
is there anything you dont collect

big_moque.gif

* No Label 750ml
* Coolpack Raspberri/Apeach
-----------------------------------------------
MSN
Post What would you do? 
Gun collection Tony???  Shocked
There goes the idea of making a night and silent visit to your home bar... Mr. Green

ROCK 7L + CANARINHA 1L + SNOW ARGENTINIAN FOR TRADE
MSN
Post What would you do? 
aramis wrote:
Gun collection Tony???  Shocked There goes the idea of making a night and silent visit to your home bar... Mr. Green

Simon wrote:
tony show us your gun collection Mr. Green is there anything you dont collect

Guys ...   I know that Regis doesn't want me to post pictures of guns on the forum.  At one time I started a gun thread here  and we later dicided that it was better to remove that post.  If you would like to see my collection , please tell me and I will send you pictures by p/m.  I have some very very beautiful pieces.

Post What would you do? 
tonycor wrote:

my collection is 100% insure Okay

back to topic:
i think i will stop collecting. also if i begin now collecting Absolut Vodka - to much bottles/skin for a beginner Shocked

torba wrote:
tonycor wrote:

my collection is 100% insure Okay

back to topic:
i think i will stop collecting. also if i begin now collecting Absolut Vodka - to much bottles/skin for a beginner Shocked

Torba how is your collection insure ?!?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation