Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Dots for printing alignment
Post Dots for printing alignment 
Ever noticed the tiny dots on the top of Absolut bottles?  Some are more visible than others.  If you do see them, note how you'll find them on each side, both front and back?  In this photo, you can see them clearly on one side... it helps make the print alignment correct, according to a branch manager.

Visit poster’s website
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Similar to the bumps found on the back of some of the skins (Snowflake, Bling, Colors and Selfridges for example)

Which I imagine are to get the sticker on the back in the correct place!

★★★ 117 Positive Feedbacks! ★★★
Skype MSN
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

Ever noticed the tiny dots on the top of Absolut bottles?  Some are more visible than others.  If you do see them, note how you'll find them on each side, both front and back?  In this photo, you can see them clearly on one side... it helps make the print alignment correct, according to a branch manager.

Interesting, Jesper... Usually the printing alignment is done with the cuts on the glass that Absolut has on the bottom and on the back side of the bottle.

Visit poster’s website Skype AIM MSN
very interesting, thanks for the info.

These dots are noticable on my Mango bottle, I just thought it was a bottle imperfection

Over 200 positive and 0 negative forum feedback,
Over 300 positive feedback on Ebay 100%
Visit poster’s website
lol i can just imagine jesper Staring at his bottle all day just to find somthing like this haha! amazing and well spotted hah

MSN
marcuswins wrote:
lol i can just imagine jesper Staring at his bottle all day just to find somthing like this haha! amazing and well spotted hah

ha-ha... Actually, I noticed the dots in the above photo and asked the owner if that was an imperfection... then he explained the story behind it, and I thought it was pretty interesting. BTW, I believe that the two grooves on the backside are for aligning the bottle for perfect placement of the medallion, not for the text... Absolut fellas, can you please verify at the factory?

Thanks Okay

Visit poster’s website
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

marcuswins wrote:

ha-ha... Actually, I noticed the dots in the above photo and asked the owner if that was an imperfection... then he explained the story behind it, and I thought it was pretty interesting. BTW, I believe that the two grooves on the backside are for aligning the bottle for perfect placement of the medallion, not for the text... Absolut fellas, can you please verify at the factory?

Thanks Okay

Jesper, the way screen printing (serigraph) works on cylinders is like this: The Screen cannot be wrapped around the bottle, so it is just a flat screen with the flattened version of the graphic. The machine then grabs the bottle and holds it in position by those groves, and spin it along the screen in the right position. On the other side of the screen goes the 'scraping rubber' (sorry my lack of the right term in English) that runs along in the same pace as the bottle spins in position, applying the graphics on the object.

I have no idea how the medallion is placed, it might be the same way, I don't know.

These two dots look like injection marks, even thought bottles are not injected but blown to form.

I'm really curious about these dots, now. As we can clearly see in this picture from Josh, there are two sets, one in each side.

Absolut Splash wrote:

I'm really curious about these dots, now. As we can clearly see in this picture from Josh, there are two sets, one in each side.

Although that is a 200ml bottle (right?).
I cannot spot these dots in any of the bottles I have with me right now.

I can see these dots on most of my bottles including the CNC through the plastic, they are on both sides of the medallion too.

★★★ 117 Positive Feedbacks! ★★★
Skype MSN
me too

i didn't saw anything
Razz

In_An_Absolut_World wrote:
i didn't saw anything
Razz

They're there if you look closely enough  Okay

@ Leo -- I'm checking with some other sources to get the exact reason how the tiny holes and grooves play part in the production process.  I'll keep everyone posted.

Visit poster’s website
@ Jesper -> Yes, there's got to be a functionality for that, and it hurts not to know! wallbash Hopefully you'll bring the info and let me sleep better!

Absolut Splash wrote:
@ Jesper -> Yes, there's got to be a functionality for that, and it hurts not to know! wallbash Hopefully you'll bring the info and let me sleep better!

I think you're losing sleep over whether or not to bid on that crazy Freestyle auction ending in less than 30 minutes  Laughing

Visit poster’s website

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation