Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Trade Zone Format
Post Trade Zone Format 
Syzygy wrote:
I'm curious. Why do people edit there posts of items they have got by putting a line through the item they have recently got.
Why not just delete that item completely from the list so it's less cluttered?

To let others who have been eyeing that particular item know that it has been sold
so as to prevent buyer from asking the seller again, do you still have the XXXX bottle?? when he cant find it in seller trade list anymore.

anyway, this is just what i think. Mr. Green

MSN
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Post Trade Zone Format 
sebastiansoo wrote:
Syzygy wrote:
I'm curious. Why do people edit there posts of items they have got by putting a line through the item they have recently got. Why not just delete that item completely from the list so it's less cluttered?

To let others who have been eyeing that particular item know that it has been sold so as to prevent buyer from asking the seller again, do you still have the XXXX bottle?? when he cant find it in seller trade list anymore.

Good point ...  Thats why I do that on my trade list.  Also , when I get the item back in stock , I just take the line out.

Post Trade Zone Format 
tonycor wrote:

sebastiansoo wrote:

Syzygy wrote:

I'm curious. Why do people edit there posts of items they have got by putting a line through the item they have recently got. Why not just delete that item completely from the list so it's less cluttered?

To let others who have been eyeing that particular item know that it has been sold so as to prevent buyer from asking the seller again, do you still have the XXXX bottle?? when he cant find it in seller trade list anymore.

Good point ...  Thats why I do that on my trade list.  Also , when I get the item back in stock , I just take the line out.

I was actually referring to their "wanted" lists.
My original post states "putting a line through the item they have recently got"

Post Trade Zone Format 
Syzygy wrote:
tonycor wrote:

sebastiansoo wrote:

Syzygy wrote:

I was actually referring to their "wanted" lists.
My original post states "putting a line through the item they have recently got"

Oops, i read too fast.

Then in this case, it might be to prevent eager seller who knows that the buyer had been wanting to buy this item to ask the buyer again, hey i got XXXX bottle in stock again, do you still want it?

or to show sellers that they actually got the item without buying through that particular seller. so it must have been a better price or a more reliable transaction.

(the above 2 points seem more unlikely) but however, this is just what i think. Mr. Green

and maybe those who put a line through their items when they recently got it can answer instead of me. Whahaha big_jump.gif

MSN
Post Trade Zone Format 
Simon wrote:

yes thats ok of course. but i think it would be very great to stop posting to much unimportant thinks in the trading list.

1. trading List
2. Pictures of items which are still for trading
3. Updated....

Why the need for #3? Why not just write the date in the original post?
When you edit your post to change the items you can change the date as well. That's what I've done in my list.

bobban wrote:
Simon wrote:
yes thats ok of course. but i think it would be very great to stop posting to much unimportant thinks in the trading list.

1. trading List
2. Pictures of items which are still for trading
3. Updated....

Why the need for #3? Why not just write the date in the original post?
When you edit your post to change the items you can change the date as well. That's what I've done in my list.

I think because when you just edit it, your thread just stays where it is. Whereas if you make a post saying you have updates it, then the thread bumps up to the top and people can see there's something new been posted to the thread. So just editing it could leave your post down in the mid to lower parts of the forum and people won't know there's something knew there.
I'm not 100% but i've edited my list a couple times before to remove items, and it didn't move it to the top of the forum.

Last edited by Syzygy on Fri 10 Jul - 17:09 (2009); edited 1 time in total
Post Trade Zone Format 
I'm not 100% sure either, but I THINK it bumped up.. at least it got a "blue dot" saying something's new...
Or maybe it didn't???

Just a little reminder about our Trade zone topics,

When you want to update your first page but also let people know you've made changes by showing a new post, remember you can first delete the previous "updated at first page" post to avoid pages and pages of the same post.

This way you get the same result, but it keeps things neater and easier to read through.

Okay

J4man! wrote:
Just a little reminder about our Trade zone topics,
When you want to update your first page but also let people know you've made changes by showing a new post, remember you can first delete the previous "updated at first page" post to avoid pages and pages of the same post.

This way you get the same result, but it keeps things neater and easier to read through.

Okay

i can't delete anymore .... that is the reason why i always make new posts!

Post Trade Zone Format 
We can't delete our posts (editing is still possible)

Positivie feedback : 52
Visit poster’s website
Post Trade Zone Format 
samy060 wrote:
We can't delete our posts (editing is still possible)

yes i dont like it Rolling Eyes
Before i always deleted my old updates now i can't.....

J4man! wrote:
I was under the impression that posts in the trade topic can be deleted, no? rubchin
No Jon ...  but members can send us a p/m and we can help keep their Trade Zone clean for them.

Post Trade Zone Format 
Sure, I was just discussing with Regis if it was a good idea for me to tidy up the duplicate posts, I have some time to kill..... ha ha

J4man! wrote:
Sure, I was just discussing with Regis if it was a good idea for me to tidy up the duplicate posts, I have some time to kill..... ha ha

With 6 mods on this forum , it should be very easy for all of us to monitor the thread and keep it "tidy".

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation