Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 10
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >
Have you ever heard about...
Post Have you ever heard about... 
Went over to the office of the a friend's office today. He happened to be the brand manager for Absolut Vodka during its maxxium days. Anyway, during out chat, a perculiar item came up.
the Absolut Lantern.
It's a special release in China back in 2003 or so. While this is genuinely ugly, There's supposed to be a bottle in the lantern. And... well, the thing is, this damn thing is supposed to be numbered.
Here's the only pic about it I found online. a collector in taiwan seemed to have one of this.
Anyone here know anything about it?

My trade list
Post Publicité 
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

truly ugly  Mr. Green  but also rare...

\\ 18 positive feedbacks
Absolut Lantern is UGLY as HELL!!!
I WANT ONE, please!!!

ROCK 7L + CANARINHA 1L + SNOW ARGENTINIAN FOR TRADE
MSN
Guys,
I just called a fellow collector here in China. He confirmed with me about the Lantern. It is the limited Christmas release, like other skins, in 2003. While he's not a official absolut employee, I trust this guy's info since he's been collecting since the 90's. Soo... This is genuine. Well, Ugly, but genuine.

My trade list
the lantern Reminds me of the Mooncake festival..
Bing, in singapore we do celebrate the mooncake festival as well!

singaporetrader wrote:

the lantern Reminds me of the Mooncake festival..
Bing, in singapore we do celebrate the mooncake festival as well!

Yeah, I know, my father lived in singapore for many years in his younger days and he often recounts the experience.

Actually, there's a good chance that some of the lanterns maybe on your turf in singapore. The guy who owns the pic i posted is in Taiwan. So these do flow out of the country fairly often. I have heard about singapore collectors having these, as a friend of mine used to trade with a singapore collector in the past and recall such a lantern like thing.

My trade list
Post Absolut Blue Disco! 
I want to share this information with all you collectors!

I went to the Absolut Company factory in Åhus yesterday and got a guided tour.
When we were walking around in there I saw a brand new skin! I immediately asked the tour guide about the skin I saw and she pretty much didn´t want to tell me anything, I was probably not suppose to see them. 
I saw 10 guys working on packing the absolut bottle into the new skin and label them, then put them into brand new boxes (cases).
It was a blue cover (skin) looking exactly like the silver disco one but instead of silver it was blue. The same color blue like the absolut regis Very Happy (in the top of each web page)

Do you guys think it´s the new x-mas skin??

Cheers

Alexander

Sounds interesting... I love the fact that the tour guide kinda got caught showing "secret" stuff... ha-ha!

Visit poster’s website
Yeah...she didn´t want to tell me...even though I kept asking about it...haha.... In the end I said: come on, what is it? And she said...hmm...it might come out this fall. The guide was a summer worker ( I don´t know the word for it, but they only work there during the summer). The people packing this skin was also summer workers! I yelled at them...how much do you guys want? Throw me one... Very Happy . They didn´t answer!

Swede wrote:
Yeah...she didn´t want to tell me...even though I kept asking about it...haha.... In the end I said: come on, what is it? And she said...hmm...it might come out this fall. The guide was a summer worker ( I don´t know the word for it, but they only work there during the summer). The people packing this skin was also summer workers! I yelled at them...how much do you guys want? Throw me one... Very Happy . They didn´t answer!

Too bad the workers didn't give you one.  BTW, was this a tour at the Åhus factory?  I didn't know that they had guided tours like that?!

Visit poster’s website
Yeah at the Åhus Factory! It is free during the summer, well recommended! I was not allowed to take pictures inside ...only outside! 

June 22th - Aug 14th

Mon-Fri following times
09.15, 10.15, 11.15, 12.45, 13.45, 14.45

the tour takes about 40 minutes!

let me know if you need help translating or a link to the webpage!

Last edited by Swede on Sat 11 Jul - 21:41 (2009); edited 2 times in total

that sounds cool - i a, able to go to Göteborg one the 22nd and the on the 30th this month but both times only for just 48 hours is it possible to go there and make this tour ?!?

greetz & bottle up!
T-Man101

T-Man101 wrote:
that sounds cool - i a, able to go to Göteborg one the 22nd and the on the 30th this month but both times only for just 48 hours is it possible to go there and make this tour ?!?

greetz & bottle up!
T-Man101

Perhaps we can coordinate something on the 30th... I'll be in Denmark at that time.

Visit poster’s website
Hi Swede...is this this case what you se on the tour????

ICQ Yahoo Messenger
no no no! The skin was exactly like the silver disco skin, but instead of silver it was blue. It looked really neat!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 10
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation