Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >
How to pack the perfect package
Post How to pack the perfect package 
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

Impressive with the self-made wooden crates, but wouldn't it be easier just to purchase packaging designed for the shipment of bottles?

I've received many packages that arrived like this (well, maybe not quite like that), but never any issues with broken stuff  Okay

Yes, Jesper, it would be better. But I don't know anywhere in Brazil where we can get those packaging. And I have searched a lot.
What we have here is a standard size styrofoam designed to cover our beer bootles, and they can't fit Absolut bottles. Here's a picture of one of them with some adaptation to fit a Red Label.

As you can see, the 750ml Absolut Bottle is still felling a little claustrophobic in there, even after I cut it open to fit it in.

Here's a picture of the packaging in it's original intent (not really for transportation, but to keep it cold while serving at the bar).

Absolut Splash wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Impressive with the self-made wooden crates, but wouldn't it be easier just to purchase packaging designed for the shipment of bottles?

I've received many packages that arrived like this (well, maybe not quite like that), but never any issues with broken stuff  Okay

Yes, Jesper, it would be better. But I don't know anywhere in Brazil where we can get those packaging. And I have searched a lot.
What we have here is a standard size styrofoam designed to cover our beer bootles, and they can't fit Absolut bottles. Here's a picture of one of them with some adaptation to fit a Red Label.

As you can see, the 750ml Absolut Bottle is still felling a little claustrophobic in there, even after I cut it open to fit it in.

Here's a picture of the packaging in it's original intent (not really for transportation, but to keep it cold while serving at the bar).

Let's say you ordered a couple of bottles of wine from a merchant from another city and had it shipped... how would they pack the bottles?

Absolut Splash wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

Let's say you ordered a couple of bottles of wine from a merchant from another city and had it shipped... how would they pack the bottles?

I live in São Paulo, Jesper. Everything there is to buy in Brasil comes from here. Mr. Green

No, but really, we don't have much of a shipping culture in our country. If there is something local, it mostly ships locally. And when I buy something from a distributor in São Paulo (such as Exapand or Bebidas Imigrantes) chances are they will send it via motorcycle courier.
Our mail system is very clear on saying they will not, under any circumstances, guarantee the product won't be damaged. There's not even an insurance option for it, the insurance only covers loss or steal. Neutral

Look at this guys.I got a package today and here it is.I was a bit worried first when i see that only Styrofoam been used and no outer box or further protection  ))afraid))smiley))  

You're lucky you got them in one piece!

#9 positive feedback - 100%.
Ragnarsson wrote:
Did you buy some wallpapers from Italy?  Wink I got this packing several times, never any broken bottles. But indeed, out box would be better.

Yep Wallpaper 1-2-3  Wink   I just don't understand how can somebody send some stuff like this...I've got quite few packages recently from Italy but it was always well packed except this one..

Positivie feedback : 52
Visit poster’s website
Hey guys, i have a question for you all !!
The picture below, what do you guys think of the packaging ? It's for a 7 L bottle ! Packed into the original box without bubble wrap inside
the big box with lots of newspaper, no fragile or breakable on the box ?????? (not me sending it by the way)

It miss lot of bubbles!  Wink

Lolacara69 wrote:
Hey guys, i have a question for you all !! The picture below, what do you guys think of the packaging ? It's for a 7 L bottle ! Packed into the original box without bubble wrap insidethe big box with lots of newspaper, no fragile or breakable on the box ?????? (not me sending it by the way)

There is no space to put bubblefoil inbetween the original box and the bottle ..... but the 4 corners have been filled with newspaper-stuff which gives a good load distribution on the whole cirumference of the bottle = less peak loads which could damage the bottle.

Thick newspapers protection between the two cartboxes and professional shipping box on the outside with strong cartboard walls.

Packing was done like proposed in the beginning of the thread and suggested  later: Double box system to prevent from:

Shock loads due to package falling down or beeing loaded in a container

Pressure loads (compressions) on package because it's coverd with other packages in the container

Same packing method worked fine for over about 15  7L display bottles (receiving and sending)

But you can never prevent post service from throwing the packages Sad Shocked

What a shame....

Beautiful package Okay

Great Job!! Okay
Hopefully the customs won't destroy the black foil...

that is GREAT packing!!! kowtow clap smiliola2
you the man, impressive.
i love the way you do the multiple bottles.
separate small box per bottle, then one large outer box.
frankie

AR Forum positive feedback: 19 and counting
Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation