Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 9
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >
What do you think guys?
Post What do you think guys? 
Can we please stop the constant focus on prices and all the wheeling and dealing? I'm getting bored reading about sales pitches, product availability, trades, etc. spilling into more and more threads outside our Insider Tips and Trade Zone. This is not a forum for sellers to push sales. What happened to some good old research, sharing news and information, posting interesting thoughts worth discussing, etc.? I ask that members avoid side tracking threads with information that should be kept offline via PM. I don't care who's offering the lowest prices or quickest turnaround in every conversation.

Neutral

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Can we please stop the constant focus on prices and all the wheeling and dealing? I'm getting bored reading about sales pitches, product availability, trades, etc. spilling into more and more threads outside our Insider Tips and Trade Zone. This is not a forum for sellers to push sales. What happened to some good old research, sharing news and information, posting interesting thoughts worth discussing, etc.? I ask that members avoid side tracking threads with information that should be kept offline via PM. I don't care who's offering the lowest prices or quickest turnaround in every conversation. Neutral

No we can't ...  if I can offer these to members at great prices so that members can actually drink a bottle rather than collect it , then thats what I'm going to do.It seems that most members are receptive to this and are happy that I posted it.
This forum is all about "wheeling and dealing" and thats how members increase and add to their collections.

tonycor wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
Can we please stop the constant focus on prices and all the wheeling and dealing? I'm getting bored reading about sales pitches, product availability, trades, etc. spilling into more and more threads outside our Insider Tips and Trade Zone. This is not a forum for sellers to push sales. What happened to some good old research, sharing news and information, posting interesting thoughts worth discussing, etc.? I ask that members avoid side tracking threads with information that should be kept offline via PM. I don't care who's offering the lowest prices or quickest turnaround in every conversation. Neutral

No we can't ...  if I can offer these to members at great prices so that members can actually drink a bottle rather than collect it , then thats what I'm going to do.It seems that most members are receptive to this and are happy that I posted it.
This forum is all about "wheeling and dealing" and thats how members increase and add to their collections.

Fair enough, but please use the appropriate threads (Trade Zone, Insider Tips and Your Collection Zone) for pushing deals to help prevent the site from becoming nothing but a sales channel.  According to our Terms of Use, no solicitation is allowed and commercial use is prohibited.  Helping members out is fine, but I don't want to continuously read about wheeling and dealing in every thread.

tonycor wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

Fair enough, but please use the appropriate threads (Trade Zone, Insider Tips and Your Collection Zone) for pushing deals to help prevent the site from becoming nothing but a sales channel.  According to our Terms of Use, no solicitation is allowed and commercial use is prohibited.  Helping members out is fine, but I don't want to continuously read about wheeling and dealing in every thread.

Agree! Okay
I think that, for instance, this LA-thread should be about discussing the bottle rather than trying to sell as many bottles as possible. Please use the appropriate threads to keep the forum clean and uncluttered.

bobban wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
tonycor wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

Agree! Okay
I think that, for instance, this LA-thread should be about discussing the bottle rather than trying to sell as many bottles as possible. Please use the appropriate threads to keep the forum clean and uncluttered.

+1  Okay

bobban wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

tonycor wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

No we can't ...  if I can offer these to members at great prices so that members can actually drink a bottle rather than collect it , then thats what I'm going to do.It seems that most members are receptive to this and are happy that I posted it. This forum is all about "wheeling and dealing" and thats how members increase and add to their collections.

Agree! Okay I think that, for instance, this LA-thread should be about discussing the bottle rather than trying to sell as many bottles as possible. Please use the appropriate threads to keep the forum clean and uncluttered.

Thanks for your opinion ... since Regis doesn't have a problem with this , I will just dismiss your comments.
This was an LA post , in an LA thread and didn't contain any outside links to any auctions. 
I was contacted by many forum members and they were all happy that I presented this opportunity to them.

In a week or so you can read the positive feedback from the members that were able to get these and able to drink a bottle or 2. 

tonycor wrote:

bobban wrote:
J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:
tonycor wrote:

No we can't ...  if I can offer these to members at great prices so that members can actually drink a bottle rather than collect it , then thats what I'm going to do.It seems that most members are receptive to this and are happy that I posted it. This forum is all about "wheeling and dealing" and thats how members increase and add to their collections.

Agree! Okay I think that, for instance, this LA-thread should be about discussing the bottle rather than trying to sell as many bottles as possible. Please use the appropriate threads to keep the forum clean and uncluttered.

Thanks for your opinion ... since Regis doesn't have a problem with this , I will just dismiss your comments.
This was an LA post , in an LA thread and didn't contain any outside links to any auctions. 
I was contacted by many forum members and they were all happy that I presented this opportunity to them.

In a week or so you can read the positive feedback from the members that were able to get these and able to drink a bottle or 2. 
I won't dismiss it, and if your bullying rant continues, I'll ask the board to have your membership temporarily banned or terminated.  You can't ignore our requests to use the proper threads (Trade Zone, Insider Tips and Your Collection Zone) for pushing your own sales.  You've been given fair warning several times, so play by the rules and help keep the forum uncluttered.  Regis, I suggest that you update the Terms of Use to clearly indicate that transactional discussions should be kept in the three threads I've mentioned above (or via PM).  Let's keep the site under control before it ends up being just another sales channel.  I spend a lot of time researching and posting information about the various products, etc., and I don't like to see sales pitches polluting our great discussion forum in almost every thread.  Helping out fellow members is very good, but it should be done in a respectful manner without plainly disregarding our suggestions.  As mentioned during the "re-opening" of the forum, let's be cautious that the mood doesn't end up prevailing to what happened back in March.

naughty

I won't dismiss it, and if your bullying rant continues, I'll ask the board to have your membership temporarily banned or terminated.  You can't ignore our requests to use the proper threads (Trade Zone, Insider Tips and Your Collection Zone) for pushing your own sales.  You've been given fair warning several times, so play by the rules and help keep the forum uncluttered.  Regis, I suggest that you update the Terms of Use to clearly indicate that transactional discussions should be kept in the three threads I've mentioned above (or via PM).  Let's keep the site under control before it ends up being just another sales channel.  I spend a lot of time researching and posting information about the various products, etc., and I don't like to see sales pitches polluting our great discussion forum in almost every thread.  Helping out fellow members is very good, but it should be done in a respectful manner without plainly disregarding our suggestions.  As mentioned during the "re-opening" of the forum, let's be cautious that the mood doesn't end up prevailing to what happened back in March.
naughty

Why don't you take a few minutes out of your busy day to read some of the 319 positive feedbacks that I have here on the forum.

And I've never been "given fair warning" for doing anything wrong because I follow all the forum rules to a T.
There were no "bullying rants" and the only guys that my post seemed to upset were guys like you , Bobban and T-man that have a personal dislike for me.
Its always the guys that have an axe to grind with me that this seems to upset. There are 400+ members here and its impossible for me to please every one of them.
Because I said that I will dismiss your comments thats a bullying rant ?
And "you'll ask to have me temporarily suspended" because you disagree with me or don't like my opinion. Get real Jesper ...

smilwhiteflag

Keep cool guys, i know you have personal dislike, but here is not the place for personal attack...

Well it's a hard discussion...

So i have create a thread for these endless discussions i dislike...

I'm agree 50% with Tony and 50% with Jesper...

Sure it's not really pleasant to read "i have this bottle for sale..." or "I sell this bottle for the lowest price of the world..."

BUT

It's unpleasant when you already have the bottle, Jesper, if one day, somebody post a message on the Gaultier thread, a message like this "if you need this bottle, PM me" what will be your first reaction?

- Reaction 1= Wow really cool i will send this guy a PM ))woo))smiley

OR

-Reaction2= Oh shit this guy is polluting the gaultier thread ))diablo))smiley))

Please be honest in your answer Wink

So i think we can find a little compromise:

message to inform collectors that you sell a bottle are allow but please NO DETAILS on price, no sentence like "for in incredible price" or "i'm the only seller who sell this bottle" or "i'm the most serious seller of the forum"..... and sure no link to auctions.

Just use a little sentence like this one: "If anybody need LA, don't hesitate to PM me Okay "

I will not forbid these style of sentence because LOT of members don't read the "wanted and trading zone" and the aim of the forum is to offer members the opportunity of increase their collection.
WE read ALL posts and we are almost everyday here, but most members aren't... So it's hard to follow the "insider tips" thread...

Sellers are allowed but it's not an obligation, IT IS JUST TOLERATED, I prefer to see these style of sentences in your "Wanted & trading list" or in the "insider tips" sections

I think this kind of sentences must be written when someone has something really interesting for other collectors.

Obviously, not every time someone has something to sell ...

I REMIND YOU THAT THIS FORUM ISN'T FOR COMMERCIAL USE, ONLY TO HELP OTHER COLLECTORS TO INCREASE THEIR COLLECTIONS.

I know it will be hard to implement, but I ask the mod team to use their critical thinking, and remove what is abused as an example: "I have a blue 700ml for sale"

Another little remark for any seller, please stop using the biggest font size or the most colorful font just to pimp your message: MODS, please i ask you to modify users messages when they use extremely big font size.

I can limit the size of the fonts on the forum, but i won't because it may be useful in some case.

This is my opinion. Let me know what you think about it kingok

2bcorti - Admin wrote:
smilwhiteflag Keep cool guys, i know you have personal dislike, but here is not the place for personal attack...

Regis ... I don't want to argue with anybody.  I just want to enjoy the forum.
The only guys that were bothered by my post are the members that I have had long time disagreements with.
Nobody else cared and even you read my posts and said nice job and good spirit.
I have 319 positive feedbacks and have had buying , selling and trading experiences with more than 100 individual members here on the forum.

Have a good day

Last edited by tonycor on Mon 24 May - 17:37 (2010); edited 1 time in total

tonycor wrote:

2bcorti - Admin wrote:

smilwhiteflag
Keep cool guys, i know you have personal dislike, but here is not the place for personal attack...

Regis ... I don't want to argue with anybody.  I just want to enjoy the forum.
The only guys that were bothered by my post are the members that I have had long time disagreements with.
Nobody else cared and even you read my posts and said nice job and good spirit.
I have 319 positive feedbacks and have had buying , selling and trading experiences with more than 100 individual members here on the forum.

Have a good day
That is what i want too, be 100% sure of that.
That's why i always try to spare the susceptibilities of each other and do not give wrong or right because I consider you both as friends collectors

Last edited by 2bcorti - Admin on Mon 24 May - 17:59 (2010); edited 2 times in total

I agree to some extent, but I feel that Tony is using the site for commercial purposes and shouldn't continue to post his sales pitch all over the place.  Just imagine if many members were doing this, you'd end up with threads with nothing but transactional comments... something which truly devalues the forum in terms of attracting healthy discussions about the products themselves, etc.  We all know that Tony spends a lot of time and effort helping out members, but again, please keep sales pitches in the appropriate threads unless, like Regis points out, it's something unique like a rare bottle, etc.  Just because some members may not read the Trade Zone or Insider Tips, doesn't mean that anyone should continuously push sales all over the place... and that's the part I find inappropriate.  There's a fine balance between commercial use and helping collectors increase their collections, but let's not let the scale tip over.  This is not directed at Tony because of personal issues, I would address the same concerns if someone else was doing the same thing.  What do other members have to say, let's hear your comments please.  Thanks!

I agree to some extent, but I feel that Tony is using the site for commercial purposes and shouldn't continue to post his sales pitch all over the place.  Just imagine if many members were doing this, you'd end up with threads with nothing but transactional comments... something which truly devalues the forum in terms of attracting healthy discussions about the products themselves, etc.  We all know that Tony spends a lot of time and effort helping out members, but again, please keep sales pitches in the appropriate threads unless, like Regis points out, it's something unique like a rare bottle, etc.  Just because some members may not read the Trade Zone or Insider Tips, doesn't mean that anyone should continuously push sales all over the place... and that's the part I find inappropriate.  There's a fine balance between commercial use and helping collectors increase their collections, but let's not let the scale tip over.  This is not directed at Tony because of personal issues, I would address the same concerns if someone else was doing the same thing.  What do other members have to say, let's hear your comments please.  Thanks!
We are ok, that's what i explain in my long last post HERE

Nothing against Tony, i will say same thing for any other seller, Tony have a good spirit i think, each day he help collector from the forum with nice items at nice prices (really better prices than on ebay) We all agree on this point, but maybe users feel Tony's messages like advertisements and that is the real problem.

That's why i write this message

J-E-S-P-E-R wrote:

Jesper ... its interesting that this bothers you now that we are not on good terms.  When we were friendlier it never seemed to concern you.
I've been doing the exact same thing on the forum since it started .
I was the 10th member to join the forum and you were a day or 2 after me.  So my question to you is ...  why does this bother you now when it never did in the past  ?
I've always done the same thing since day # 1 and I've always been consistent in my approach to buying  , selling and trading with other members.
I'm not doing anything different now than I was doing almost 2 years ago when the forum started.

Again , this boils down to our personal issues.  While most members are saying thanks for the help , you're condeming me on the forum.
And the guys that you'll hear comments from are the guys that don't like me.  I've got 300+ reasons to continue doing what I'm doing.

Like many others out there , I'm a collector , buyer , seller , trader , fanatic and lover of Absolut.  I just do it on a more extreme scale than most.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 9
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation