Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >
Problem with an ebay seller
Post Problem with an ebay seller 
Guys , while this is a good discussion and important for everybody involved , lets please continue this in the proper thread.

We can continue this in the "Ebay , paypal and postal services"  thread.
http://absolutregis.xooit.com/f16-Ebay-paypal-postal-services.htm

Thanks

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

tonycor wrote:
Guys , while this is a good discussion and important for everybody involved , lets please continue this in the proper thread.

Thanks

This is a good suggestion since the discussion is very helpful to all of us in my opinion.

This is turning into quite a discussion, with everyone haveing their strong opinions. 

The reason i don't think i should have to take it to the post office is that the post office was not involved in this at any stage!
I suspect if i took a DHL package to the post office they would laugh at me.  I have purchased many items on the internet and never taken any to the post office.  What part of the post office? The high street counter, the sorting office??
thanks jesper, but it was not sent usps, ups or fedex, they may have different systems.  Good to know for the future tho.
The item was sent by a paid for courier service, DHL,  arranged by the seller with no other option. 
The damage could just of as easily occured before the bottles were even shipped? 
The damage could have been caused at the German end.

"it's not the sellers fault"
- it's not the fault at the buyer either! Sad

my opinion, if the package arrived damaged, its not sufficiently packaged.  It may have been thrown about or bumped, but you should protect against that.
Wait a second... how can you state that if the package arrives in damaged condition, that it was not sufficiently packed?  That's unreasonable!  As I mentioned earlier, it's not fair to the seller if he/she is required to take the loss unless they were truly negligent in protecting the package adequately (or if the buyer requested no insurance or declared a lower value to avoid extra fees).  I've seen very well packed stuff get damaged because the postal service had rough handled them big time... no amount of reasonable protection would have saved the items. 

Secondly, when I say go to your postal office for inspection it obviously pertains to what carrier was used... you wouldn't bring a UPS package to your regular post office, a FedEx package to DHL, etc.  That's obvious, I think you misunderstood my point.

Thirdly, I agree that the seller should assist with the claims process, providing all necessary documentation, etc.  However, it's still up to the buyer (receiver) to go down for inspection and start the claims process.  This is the same procedure for pretty much all carriers.  If the seller is showing no interest in helping out with the process, then yes, you should post a negative feedback.  However, don't expect the seller to send replacement items, that's not fair either.

Good luck with your claim Cool

tonycor wrote:

Thanks
Yes Tony, please merge this discussion with our shipping thread, thanks Okay

ok, perhaps i am unreasonable in suggesting the sender is to blame for the damage.  But it is frustrating, and as i know one thing for sure, as the buyer, i am 0% to blame. 

Its unlikely, but there is possibility the seller shipped broken goods, knowing they were damaged but selling as new.
There is possibility that
- the goods were inadequately packaged.
- the package was badly treated by DHL in Germany
- it was badly treated by parcel force in the UK
Or there could be a combination of all of the above.

I don't know if you saw the update Jesper, but i think its important to realise that yes, different carriers have different requirements for their claims.  Parcel Force would not want me to move the parcel, but instead keep it here, taking reasonable care of itr to prevent any further damage that would invalidate any claim.

At the moment there is not much more to say, and its pointless moaning on...

My real gripe is that the seller (who now has negative feedback from 2 other buyers about the same issue) is failing to address the problem, and being unhelpful in communciations.  Its the first time i've really had a bad experience with receiving goods, either through ebay or privately.

And why should i not expect the seller to replace the items?  Why is that not fair?  I paid a reasonable amount of money (i know some people with bigger collections would disagree), for a full collection of 4 items.  The value in these items is the skins, not the bottles, as the bottles can be bought anywhere.  I have received half of a collection, a partial refund is not really much use to me, as i want a full collection.
That is like saying if i buy a pair of shoes and only one has a hole in it, i should be happy with the one that's ok? Laughing  

I dont want to fall out with anyone over this, but i think i am being reasonable.  What do you think i should be offering / accepting as a solution?

just wanted to update everyone, i escalated my claim to eBay through the buyer protection programme.  eBay review the case and give a final decision.  In this case i received a full refund for the 2 damaged items.

granticle wrote:
just wanted to update everyone, i escalated my claim to eBay through the buyer protection programme.  eBay review the case and give a final decision.  In this case i received a full refund for the 2 damaged items.

Okay

Good for you!  Okay

hi.

does anyone know the french ebay seller lacompagnieduverre2010 or is he a member here? i bought a skin 1 1/2 month ago and got nothing. not even an answer to my many mails.

maybe i can contact him here?

thanks for help.

Dim wrote:
hi.
does anyone know the french ebay seller lacompagnieduverre2010 or is he a member here? i bought a skin 1 1/2 month ago and got nothing. not even an answer to my many mails.

thanks for help.

Have you tried raising a dispute on eBay or PayPal?  You need to be quick, as i think you can't do it after 45 days

granticle wrote:
Dim wrote:
hi. does anyone know the french ebay seller lacompagnieduverre2010 or is he a member here? i bought a skin 1 1/2 month ago and got nothing. not even an answer to my many mails.

thanks for help.

Have you tried raising a dispute on eBay or PayPal?  You need to be quick, as i think you can't do it after 45 days

hello.
i've raised a dispute on ebay but the seller still doesn't answer - since 2 weeks. the status of the dispute is still open. next problem is the payment, it was done by bank tranfer not by paypal.

Can u guys help me? I bid and won an item on ebay. I´ve paid for it. In his description he will ship whitin 2 days after payment. On my paypal says that the payment is unclamied. I´ve mailed him,  no answer. Can i do more or just wait?

@ Sophia.s : I think you should wait 1st, perhaps the seller is not home and out of country Okay     

Hehe. Now i got an mail from him. He has not sent it yet because on paypal it says that the payment is being processed. The money has been drawn from my account. 

@ Sophia.s : That's great to know. If you have any issue next time, just post here. I'm sure someone will help you with it Okay

Goto page: <  1, 2, 3  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation