Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
POLL -- Second Skins topic (site structure)
I prefer the following site structure: (Change your votes)

Keep the existing topic "SECOND SKINS DISCUSSION ZONE" and split content based upon Regis' classification. 71% 71% ( 23 )
Rename topic "SECOND SKINS, TINS & PACKS DISCUSSION ZONE" and merge products (featuring a bottle inside) under here. 28% 28% ( 9 )

Total Votes : 32
Post POLL -- Second Skins topic (site structure) 
Hello Regis members,

In order to keep the forum well organized and easy to navigate, it's important that the main topics are categorized properly in a consistent way. We've had some questions surface about what exactly constitutes a Second Skin versus an Item, possibly due to how items are posted within various topics. Specifically, some members may define a second skin as any package that contains a bottle (no matter the bottle size, packaging material, etc.), while others define a second skin as pertaining to a specific bottle size, packaging material, etc.

Here's an example: Should a plastic cylinder versus a metal tin (both having the same shape and both containing the same bottle) be classified in different topics… one as a Second Skin, while the other is an item?  

Let us know your preference. Don't be influenced by who is proposing what, but rather how you (as a user of this forum) would benefit the most by being able to quickly locate product information. Thanks for your time.

By the way, HERE is my classification.
It just clearly formalize what we do here since the beginning of the forum Okay

I think members should be aware of our ongoing discussion on this topic Rolling Eyes

Since Regis has outlined his classification in the link above, I should add that my suggestion is not about re-classifying what constitutes a second skin, but rather consolidate the gray areas underneath one main topic named "SECOND SKINS, TINS & PACKS DISCUSSION ZONE" and keep the "ITEMS DISCUSSION ZONE" to stuff like pens, watches, neck tags, books, accessories, etc.

I kindly ask that everyone votes, let your opinion be heard Razz

I think my opinion is somewhere between Jesper's and Regis' classification. I agree with Regis's opinion to seperate Skins from Packs and Tins since many members don't collect packs and tins. But I think that Second Skins should include all skins, regardless the size. And Packs & Tins should get their own category since they are not excactly items.
I base this opinion on my experience the last few days. I have been serching for the capsule threat on the second skins category for the last few days. I don't know why, I was sure it is a second skin. I never thought it would be categoriesed as an item.
 Anyway, if I have to choose one of the 2, I'd vote for Jesper's, just because I think size should not be a reason to exnclude a skin from the category.  

*Freestyle
*China
*4th Chrome
*Gaultier
*Absolut Crisp Cut
themishadji wrote:

Hey guys,
 I think my opinion is somewhere between Jesper's and Regis' classification. I agree with Regis's opinion to seperate Skins from Packs and Tins since many members don't collect packs and tins. But I think that Second Skins should include all skins, regardless the size. And Packs & Tins should get their own category since they are not excactly items.
I base this opinion on my experience the last few days. I have been serching for the capsule threat on the second skins category for the last few days. I don't know why, I was sure it is a second skin. I never thought it would be categoriesed as an item.
 Anyway, if I have to choose one of the 2, I'd vote for Jesper's, just because I think size should not be a reason to exnclude a skin from the category.  
I have a feeling that some guys believe that I'm suggesting combining second skins with tins and packs... not exactly. To clarify, the tins and packs should simply be listed in their own threads under the renamed second skins topic, but the items will be kept separate from second skins... makes sense? Themis, your point is exactly the reason why keeping items in separate main topics makes it so confusing... just imagine as new products roll out, what will happen then? You'll have to flip back and forth between main topics just to determine whether something with a bottle inside was classified as a second skin or not.

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation