Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 1 of 6
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >
Customs
Post Customs 
Don'T know if we already have a thread bout customs...if yes plz remove this one Razz Embarassed

I just would like to read about your experiences with customs...did you ever had problems with? (I know some of u had) Mr. Green
How high are the taxes you have to pay in your country for your alkohol shippings?
Let'S discuss & talk about your tricks you have to avoid taxes...

I've read somewhere that sending your package via FedEx..the probability to get caught by customs is much much lower than shipping with USPS because FedEx tries to avoid customs duty.
Anyone can confirm this?

And I've also read that customs records some of the package adress names to prevent the "declared as a gift" trick..so if you send several times a year as a gift they will smell the rat...?!

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Post Customs 
How do the customs work?
You pay the taxes when you ship your bottle or does it work differently?

Post Customs 
I think everyone here in this forum heard about how bad is the Brazilian customs. Brazilian collectors have a lot of issues to bring one single bottle filled with alcohol:

1- Its forbiden to impor alcohol by mail

2- If you import something and Shipping + Product Price is more than USD50 you have to pay +60% taxes (by the total price)

3- We have a very good postal service, but when our packages arrive on the customs...we know its gonna take a while...long wait. I had packages that I wait more than2 months to arrive.

I had 2 Brittos lost wiith the customs than I quit to buy expensive bottles by mail.

If you sell something for sombody in brazil here are a few tips that will help your package "maybe" arrive safe to the real owner:

- Declare a very low price, I suggest always something around 14 or 17 USD
- NEVER write Alcohol, ABSOLUT, VODKA or something related, even the bottle is empty...Declare as Glassware (if its a sealed bottle) or EMPTY botlle if it really is
- Prefer to send by State Owned companyes, like USPS in USA and not via Fedex or other private companies... Private companyes always pass throught the customs and state companyes there is a chance to avoid.

Thats it...if I remember something else I'll post here

MSN
Post Customs 
And about export alcohol by mail?

Post Customs 
Its forbiden but I did it sometimes and had no problems, but I always ask the buyer if his take the risks. I think to send the customs doenst care very much because there is no tax for them.

I declared in portuguese : "Vidro para decoração" / Decorative Glass

But the shipping prices are very, very high.

MSN
Post Customs 
One thing I wondered, when you declare the items value as $14, does that limit the amount you can claim for if the item is lost or damaged?

j4man! wrote:

One thing I wondered, when you declare the items value as $14, does that limit the amount you can claim for if the item is lost or damaged?
I think so.

Post Customs 
Loliroy wrote:

Its forbiden but I did it sometimes and had no problems, but I always ask the buyer if his take the risks. I think to send the customs doenst care very much because there is no tax for them.

I declared in portuguese : "Vidro para decoração" / Decorative Glass

But the shipping prices are very, very high.
That´s what i thought.

Post Customs 
j4man! wrote:

Yes, my friend...that's one of the risks we have to take.

MSN
Post Customs 
At one time ... up until a year or 2 ago , it was very very easy to send and receive alcohol to and from Brazil.
Every month I use to get a shipment of Monkey and Butterfly bottles without problems.  I also use to send Britto and New orleans bottles to Brazil without problems.
Recently  (within the last 1 year) , Brazil has become virtually impossible to get alcohol into or out of by mail.  Most packages get caught and are lost forever. 
I just send some bottles to Marco (Livemaster) to his holiday in Disney world Florida so that he can bring them back into Brazil when he returns.  
Very tough country.

Post Customs 
Brazilian customs officials are always drunk with all of those bottles coming through... and they tell us, keep sending them, we're thirsty over here.
occasion-12wdfgwsdfg4d.gif

Time by time we see some auctions to buy lots of stuff that they hold but its too bad because if I want o buy a lot of vodka there is always something together like a lot of Dolls or clothes...and if you want 1 you have to buy all....Good deal for resellers..

MSN
Post Customs 
Hi
I am tracking a Cheers skin and its been handed over to customs about 4 days ago. Should I be worried about this? There is not alcohol in the package so I can't really what issue they may have with it.

Move the discussion here, already a thread for Customs questions  Okay

Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  >

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation