Absolut vodka Forum Forum Indexabsolutregis.com
Contact usRegister SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog inFollow us on follow us on facebook
Reply to topic Page 6 of 6
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Customs
Post Customs 
In Germany it is not allowed that to open the bottles by customs.

Sometimes I get parcels with an adhesive film (opened by customs), but they only look to the bottles, not opend them.
If I have to pick up my bottles from the customs, I normally have to open the parcel and show them the bottles, but i have never get an opened bottle by customs, or have to open a bottle in from of a custom officer.

DHL Express, or Fedex, often opens the parcels, to take a look what exactly is inside.

Post Customs 
freerider wrote:
In Germany it is not allowed that to open the bottles by customs.

Sometimes I get parcels with an adhesive film (opened by customs), but they only look to the bottles, not opend them.
If I have to pick up my bottles from the customs, I normally have to open the parcel and show them the bottles, but i have never get an opened bottle by customs, or have to open a bottle in from of a custom officer.

DHL Express, or Fedex, often opens the parcels, to take a look what exactly is inside.

... customs can legally inspect and seize shipments under special circumstances.

some countries also open the bottles. Sad

freerider wrote:
Yes, sometimes they open parcels, but not open the bottles. :-)

some countries also open the bottles. Sad

i am not sure if you are right. If you get some bottles from Colombia for example i think the german custom can open it to proof if it is liquid cocaine. or some other drugs. 
I saw it on german television that they opened a snow globe to check the liquid inside. So i think Jesper is right. Otherwise it soul be very easy to ship drugs to Germany 

I agree

A lot of Svarovski glimmer are opend from the colombia customs.

If the parcel comes via DHL I always have to pick them up directly at the custom. Then you have to say where does the bottle come from, and all about it.

For me, everything was ok, in the past. I never had problems if i got 1 bottle, or more then 60 bottles.

I think if the customs knows you, you haven´t got a problem. If you are there every month, and always with different bottles, then it isn´t a problem to believe you, if sometimes one or two bottles comes from colombia. :-)

I think customs can legally open what they want if they have any doubt about the content...

Post Customs 
As there was a discussion about Customs taxes on Facebook, I might share it that here as well Smile

About French Customs, if you're entering in France from a non-EU country :

You can bring 2L + 1L in your luggage. Above it gets complicated ... To sum up, for the 4th liters and above, you have to pay 3 different taxes : excise tax, social security tax and VAT.

Excise tax : 16,6 € / L of pure alcohol (100% ABV). It means it's 6,64 € / L of Absolut (40% ABV).

Social security tax : 5,33 € / L of pure alcohol or 2,13 € / L of Absolut.

VAT : 19,6% based on bottles price + both taxes above !

Positivie feedback : 52
Visit poster’s website
Post Customs 
Thanks for this info Sam Okay

I don't think I have posted this here before but its a word of warning.

Royal Mail seem to be clamping down on their alcohol rules and in the last month I have had two 50ml bottles destroyed by them before they even left the UK. These were in tins with a stirrer and I got nothing at all back. Just a letter stating they had been x-rayed and contained dangerous goods. Not sure if this has an affect on it but one was heading for China and the other Sweden.

Post Customs 
headcoat wrote:

I don't think I have posted this here before but its a word of warning.

Royal Mail seem to be clamping down on their alcohol rules and in the last month I have had two 50ml bottles destroyed by them before they even left the UK. These were in tins with a stirrer and I got nothing at all back. Just a letter stating they had been x-rayed and contained dangerous goods. Not sure if this has an affect on it but one was heading for China and the other Sweden.
Frustrating situation... especially for our UK collectors Rolling Eyes

Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Contact us | Index | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation